PD Social Worker
Company: RWJ Barnabas
Posted on: June 23, 2022
First established in 1901, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is
a 665-bed quaternary care, teaching hospital that provides
comprehensive health care for the region. Staffed with more than
800 physicians, 3200 employees, and 150 volunteers, our hospital is
ready to provide you and your family with the quality care you
At Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, we are committed to quality
and excellence in patient care. Our goal is to exceed your
expectations and to provide you with an environment that is
conducive to healing and promotes patient safety. The Newark Beth
Israel Medical Center management and staff abide by the philosophy
that all patients are to be treated with respect, dignity, and
We're currently looking for a PD Social Worker to join our Case
* Providing direct clinical social work services to patients and
their families in an interdisciplinary team approach.
* Completing initial psycho-social assessments on assigned
patients, providing psychotherapeutic counseling with individuals,
family or groups as needed, giving clinical consultations as
needed, providing patient centered advocacy, collaborating with
interdisciplinary team, managing complex discharge plans, building
and maintaining relationships with internal/external resources,
making referrals to community agencies and entitlement programs and
continuing ongoing education.
* Ensuring continuity of care for patients with complex post-acute
needs and maximizes the patients and families abilities to meet the
continuing needs within their social and financial framework.
* Understanding of all stages of growth and development to assess
each patient s age specific needs to provide individual treatment
* Responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as
hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling
tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
* Graduation from an accredited graduate school of social work with
an MSW (master s in social work) degree.
* State licensure required by the NJ State board of social work
* Licensed social worker (LSW) or licensed clinical social worker
(LCSW) depending upon years of social work experience and clinical
course work (LSW may render clinical social work services under the
direct supervision of an LCSW).
* Three or more years experience in a hospital setting
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: RWJ Barnabas, Newark , PD Social Worker, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!