RN Emergency Orlando FT Evenings 3p to 3a
Posted on: June 21, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder ProgramOur promise to you:Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.Schedule: Full TimeShift: Evening,
3p-3a, Weekend Rotation RequiredUnit Highlights:
- AdventHealth Orlando's state-of-the-art ED is one of the
largest in the U.S. with 80+ treatment areas, caring for nearly
100,000 patients every year.
- Our campus is a comprehensive stroke center with a 24/7
intervention lab, houses one of the largest 24/7 cardiac
catheterization labs in the country, and is also the transplant
institute for central Florida allowing nurses to care for some of
Orlando's most critical patients.
- We have a recent ED expansion which added 20 beds with brand
new equipment. This space includes state-of-the-art ultrasound
machines, the ability to initiate ECMO, a special room for highly
infectious disease patients which allows access to enter directly
from the outside, and two new critical care bays.
- Our ED focuses on adult patients only with a large pediatric ED
just next door.
- Working in the emergency department offers exposure to clinical
trials and other cutting-edge procedures.The community you'll be
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary
facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each yearThe role you'll contribute:The
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and
supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities
to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process
(assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the
goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth
Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all
applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting
bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the
recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic
medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs
appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and
assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with
standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
- Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.Qualifications
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:Minimum
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS & PALS)
- EKGPreferred qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Newark , RN Emergency Orlando FT Evenings 3p to 3a, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!