Registered Nurse RN Med/Surg
Posted on: June 21, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Up to $35,000 Sign on Bonus
- Up to $10,000 Relocation AssistanceOur promise to you:Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.Schedule: Full TimeShift: DaysThe
community you'll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country
for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis,
treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers - the first in Tampa with the latest robotics
in spine surgery
- Recently opened a brand new, six story surgical and patient
care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical
car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD Quality
Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American
Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their
Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have
also received certification by The Joint Commission in
collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary
The role you'll contribute:The Registered Nurse provides
self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and
other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing
standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional
Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): "Practice of professional
nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial
specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon
applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and
social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning,
intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of
wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or
authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws
of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory
and performance of any of the above acts."
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's
health/situation and unit specific data for process improvement
initiatives including: initial patient assessment within expected
timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from database
collection, identifies patient/family teaching and discharge
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine expected outcomes and
plan of care.
- Identifies expected outcomes for the plan of care
individualized to the patient or situation and for unit specific PI
outcomes. Participation in identification of unit specific PI
- The patient's plan of care is developed, individualized and
prioritized daily in collaboration with the patient, family and
health team members that is sensitive to the patient's cultural and
spiritual needs and to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plans for patients and unit specific
process improvement with appropriate nursing interventions and
physicians' orders in an accurate, timely manner and documents
intervention according to hospital policy. Documentation meets
criteria for core measure, charges, PI improvement, and all
quality/regulatory standards as measured by chart audits.
Coordinates implementation of the plan of care through leadership
and delegation appropriate to skill level including but not limited
to: LPNs, NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, RTs, PTs. Educates
patient/family based on assessed learning needs.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected patient
outcomes and unit specific process improvement outcomes daily with
patient, family and health team members.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a
registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with
verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure
- BLS required
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP,
NIHSS) per specialty/unit requirements
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Newark , Registered Nurse RN Med/Surg, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!