Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery FT Days
Posted on: June 20, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- $10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder ProgramOur promise to you:Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.Schedule: Full TimeShift: Day shift -
Weekend rotation requiredLocation: AdventHealth Orlando - 601 E
Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32803Unit Highlights
- Ready to join our OB family? Advent Health Orlando Labor and
Delivery Unit is a premier destination for obstetrical care. With
roots deep in the community, AH Orlando for Women has been
providing individualized care for generations and was recognized
for the 11th consecutive year by U.S. News and World Report as the
"Best hospital in metro Orlando" and was also recognized for the
"Best Newborn care in Florida."
- The Labor and Delivery Unit provides Level III Maternity Care
for approximately +5000 births per year (450 babies per
- The unit consists of 14 labor rooms, 3 OB ORs and 4 PACU beds.
The Women's Tower also has Obstetric Emergency Department,
High-Risk Perinatal Unit, a Level 2 and Level 3 NICU units.
- The multidisciplinary OB team is supported 24/7 by on unit OB
Hospitalists, Neonatologists/Pediatric Hospitalists and
- AdventHealth for Women and Children has received Magnet Status
for Excellence recognizing top achievement in quality outcomes,
patient experience and team engagement.
- Advent Health for Women is a key part of the Florida Perinatal
Quality Collaborative's PROVIDE initiative (reducing primary
c-sections) and MORE (reducing maternal opioids). Our team can
provide virtual classes and tours with our patients and
individualized care with our Birth Experience team.
- Other highlights include: Professional Excellence Programs,
Perinatal Nurse Internship Programs and our Multidisciplinary
Obstetrical Simulation Training
- By joining this team, you can expect that you will be supported
in your role, have opportunities to grow in your profession and
have leaders that are invested in your well-being.
- Click here for a virtual tour of AdventHealth for Women!The
community you'll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the
Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year
The role you'll contribute:The Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect
total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific
groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning,
implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing
department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan
and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and
federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in
outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in
maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.The
value you'll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the
recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic
medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs
appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and
assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with
standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
- Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.Qualifications
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:Minimum
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per
- EKGPreferred qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Newark , Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery FT Days, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!