Summer Pharmacy Intern
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Learn to provide the best patient experience through assisting the
pharmacist and pharmacy team members in accordance with state and
Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug
information and process prescriptions.
Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer
Learns and champions pharmacy policy, procedures, and customer
service best practices needed to perform as a future
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and
answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Develops strong relationships with customers.
- Learn from store and pharmacy team members, field leadership,
team members and customers/patients
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice
of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of
- Performs duties as assigned and supervised by the pharmacist in
accordance with Walgreens standard operating procedures for
entering, third party processing, filling, and dispensing
- Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in delivering
patient care and services that are within the state scope of
practice for pharmacy interns including patient counseling and
other health services (i.e. blood pressure, medication therapy
- Immediately reports prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and
adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy
errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on
assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of
the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management
activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing
shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset
protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages
(merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise
billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the
Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat
and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Complete special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
**TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT**
- Complete required training
- Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy,
including latest news and developments.
- Must be enrolled in a school of Pharmacy program.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except
in Puerto Rico).
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening
and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Prefer good math skills so you can fill prescriptions accurately,
including counting, measuring and weighing me
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA
applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in
accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. In Colorado, an
employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between
$14.00 and $25.50 depending on experience, seniority, geographic
locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review the
available benefits, please click here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits
.Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information
related to the positions, to the extent required by state or local
law, by calling 1-866-967-5492
Keywords: Walgreens, Newark , Summer Pharmacy Intern, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!