Medical Assistant - Newark
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Join Village Medical as a Medical Assistant in Newark, NJ.
Clinic Location: 467 Mt. Prospect Ave Newark, NJ 07104
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Medical Assistant to help
us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are
served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've
partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're
equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with
proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices
and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient.
With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and
patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals
who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and
never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the
confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical Support - Medical Assistant is responsible for
providing patient support and communication and facilitating an
exceptional patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction,
trust and drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming
and preparing the patient for their appointment, the Clinical
Support - Medical Assistant informs patients of relevant and
required information for their visit, and provides clear
communication around the services they are scheduled to
How You Can Make a Difference
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the
Physician; performs basic laboratory tests, EKGs as ordered or
indicated and suture removal and dressing changes.
- Performs medical histories, provides instruction to the patient
regarding medications and diet, and authorizes prescription refills
- Prepares patients for examination using Village Medical Rooming
- Performs phlebotomy as ordered.
- Greets patients and answers phones
- Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms, as
well as supplies and equipment.
- Monitor controls of CLIA waived tests.
Skills For Success
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of
achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity;
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively
both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic,
can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience To Drive Change
- Medical Assistant Certification or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Must have current BLS certification for healthcare providers
through American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Must have High School Diploma
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine,
urgent care or ER preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
How You Will Thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company
match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical
offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses,
and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative,
conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your
experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection
between your daily work on Village Medical products and services
and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of
healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture how inclusion and diversity make
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of
strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust and
innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us,
acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people
do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare
system.Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are
considered without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical today.by Jobble
Keywords: Villagemd, Newark , Medical Assistant - Newark, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!