Company: New Community Corporation
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Registered Dietician (Full-Time)Extended Care FacilityNew
New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the
largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in
the country; New Community's success rests on its comprehensive
approach to community development. It is active in housing, health
care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
In this role, the Dietician is responsible for assessing the
nutritional care program of the residents in the facility. The
Dietician will assist and prepare the menu for the different menu
cycles of the year. The Dietitian will advise Administration and
Food Service Department as needed on all clinical aspects of each
resident diet and oversee issues in the kitchen including menu
development, substitutions of food, supplement use and food
temperatures, etc. -Responsibilities:
- Routinely visits residents to discuss diets
- Assesses the nutritional status of residents inclusive of lab
value interpretation, consumption patterns, weight maintenance,
food/drug interaction, dietary compliance, resident independence
and overall nutritional.
- Performs assessments on all new admissions and residents who
are at risk for nutritional problems. Assessment must include
recommended intervention and appropriate dialogue to the Food
Service Director, Nursing Director, and Administrator.
- Ensures appropriate and accurate documentation of nutritional
assessment in the resident's MDS and in the dietician notes in the
Electronic Medical Records with recommended intervention(s) and
appropriate follow-up to nursing staff, Food Service Director, and
- Demonstrates the ability to document nutritional assessments in
residents MDS, dietitian notes and in the electronic medical
records with recommended intervention(s). -This may include
reviewing the documentation of other departments regarding
nutritional concerns. Also write and keeps current nutritional care
plan on each resident that is deemed necessary to the IDCP team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition. Master Degree with designation
as Registered Dietitian (RD), preferred.
- Current Certification with the Commission on Dietetic
Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
- Valid Food Safety and Sanitation Certificate (90 hours)
- At least three (3) years' experience
- Must respect the principles of resident's rights.
- Ability to read and write English; follow oral and written
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work as
a team player. -New Community Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: New Community Corporation, Newark , Registered Dietitian, Healthcare , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!