Certified Medical Assistant - Family Practice Jackson
Company: Atlantic Health System
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OverviewAtlantic Health System is seeking a Full Time
experienced Certified Medical Assistant in Jackson, NJ location for
Centrastate Family Practice of Jackson, part of Atlantic Medical
Group.The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting
in the delivery of healthcare and patient care management and may
at times be responsible for performing clerical office functions in
an assigned department, including greeting patients, answering
phones, scheduling appointments, and taking telephone
- Correctly performs all scheduled and assigned tasks while
continually observing patient needs.
- Accurately collects patient data utilizing learned technical
skills under the direction of the RN.
- Participates in preparation and intervention of diagnostic or
therapeutic patient care.
- Performs pain (5th vital sign) screening as indicated.
- Provides appropriate interventions as directed by nurse.
- Reports and documents patient condition and patient care
outcomes to nurse or physician.
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing
appropriate and safe techniques.
- Assures exam, treatment and utility rooms are clean, in order,
appropriately stocked and ready for use.
- Prepares instruments to send to central services for
disinfecting or sterilization; cleans wheelchairs and exam tables
- Inventories and maintains of stock medications and patient care
supplies; reorders as needed.
- Pulls and prepares patient records prior to appointments;
accurately files records.
- Assists to schedule patients in clinical computer system as
- High school Diploma or GED requiredQualifications/Requirements
of Certified Medical Assistant:
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA, AMCA, AMT, NCCT,
or NHA required
- Working knowledge of clinical duties, organizational policies
and procedures, and Electronic Health Records.
- Knowledge of CPT and/or ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of physician business office procedures.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, medical staff, coworkers and the
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively orally and
- Proficiency in the operation of a computer keyboard.About
UsAtlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality,
safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients
and their families. We are confident that you will find success
within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th
year in a row to Fortune's "Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work
For" list. We believe you will find that our culture of
collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our
patients, their families, and our employees.EEO StatementAtlantic
Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and
federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by
applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from
discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe
benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects
of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation),
national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or
Keywords: Atlantic Health System, Newark , Certified Medical Assistant - Family Practice Jackson, Healthcare , Morristown, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!