Medical Science Liaison, North West
Company: Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Title:Medical Science Liaison, North WestCompany:Ipsen
Biopharmaceuticals Inc.Job Description:Ipsen's Neuroscience Field
Medical team enhances the understanding of scientific and clinical
impact of marketed and pipeline neuroscience/neurotoxin products.
The Neuroscience Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a
doctorate-educated professional with scientific, clinical, and
neuroscience therapeutic area expertise responsible for executing
field-based medical and scientific initiatives. The primary
responsibility of the MSL is to facilitate mutual exchange with
Investigators, Thought Leaders (TLs), and Healthcare Providers
(HCPs) to align interests, discuss research and medical
information, and to facilitate clinical trial efforts. The MSL is
expected to build and sustain subject matter expertise in
neuroscience disease state management (including but not limited to
spasticity and cervical dystonia), Ipsen marketed and pipeline
therapies, and the competitive landscape. This is a field-based
position covering the North West territory (Northern CA, Northern
NV, OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, and CO) through a mix of live (primary) and
virtual channels. Eligible candidates must reside near a major
airport within the territory (e.g. San Francisco, Portland,
Seattle, Denver).The MSL will work closely with other Ipsen
personnel to ensure scientific and technical needs of US Medical
Affairs, Clinical Development and commercial colleagues are
identified and met. The MSL will also work with cross functional
teams on business planning, special projects, and strategic
development to support US Medical Affairs goals and objectives. All
MSL activities will adhere to internal standard processes and
complying with regulatory and compliance
requirements.Responsibilities Responsibilities of MSL include, but
are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate deep scientific expertise on Ipsen's neuroscience
molecules/products, and therapeutic area to exchange relevant
information and insights with TLs within a region.
- Build, cultivate and maintain a focused group of regional
thought leaders to ensure understanding of evolving healthcare
trends across the relevant therapeutic area landscape.
- Respond to on and off-label questions with integrity,
compliance, and adherence to legal, regulatory, and Ipsen
guidelines, policies & procedures.
- Represent Ipsen and US Medical Affairs Team during scientific
conferences, continuing medical educational events, and medical
- Gather data and generates scientific insights from stakeholder
interactions and provides feedback to the organization using
appropriate mechanisms and tools.
- Recognize and capture scientific insights that deepen our
understanding of the needs of thought leaders, healthcare
providers, and patients to share with internal stakeholders.
- Respond to unsolicited requests regarding interest in
investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions
through appropriate internal processes.
- Assist with Company Sponsored Studies (CSS) from Phase I-IV,
including investigator/site identification, site initiation visits,
education to support enrollment, and feedback regarding operational
management to ensure optimal site selection and performance.
- Respond to unsolicited request for medical information
associated with Ipsen products and disease state area.
- Build and cultivate working relationships across internal
stakeholders (Medical Affairs colleagues, Clinical Operations,
HEOR, R&D, Medical Information and Commercial Operations) while
maintaining full compliance with relevant company, industry, legal
and regulatory requirements.
- Work efficiently and balance all work to enhance performance
and execute on local medical strategies within planned
- Participate on committees or project teams that support MSL
strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership.Engage in
continuous independent learning within the therapeutic area and
actively attend and participate in upskilling programs related to
Ipsen molecules, products, disease states and relevant business
- Doctoral level in the sciences preferred (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD,
DPT, Nursing or equivalent)Experience
- 2+ years of MSL or related experience, neuroscience background
- 3+ years related work experience (clinical, managed care, or
industry experience)Core Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills
and abilities that enable an individual to effectively perform the
- Knowledge of neuroscience customer segments and market
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and
context to multiple audiences
- Fundamental understanding of clinical research
- Excellent project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to travel (50-70%) based on size of geographyIPSEN is
an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful
discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote
without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical
condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., Newark , Medical Science Liaison, North West, Healthcare , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!