Account Manager II
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Job Summary:This position is accountable for the acquisition of new
business (Medicare Advantage Employer Group), conservation of
existing accounts and selling additional product lines where
appropriate for the SHBP Local, FEP, Small Group Broker, Medicare,
Midsize, and Dental markets.
* Acquires new business (Medicare Advantage Employer Group).
* Manages contract renewals (all markets for Dental) and ensures
services are provided that will maximize the potential for account
retention and initial member enrollment.
* Ensures proper installation of new accounts (Medicare Advantage
Employer Group) as well as changes to existing accounts.
* Plans and negotiates terms and conditions of contracts with
* Directs the implementation process for new clients and/or
* Sells additional lines of business to existing clients.
* Compares and evaluates various products to make appropriate
recommendations based on client needs assessment.
* Modifies existing contracts that require term changes that may be
outside of predetermined guidelines or standards.
* Develops and conducts workshops for clients/groups relative to
enrollment, claim procedures, and health industry regulations.
* Weighs factors and outcomes to make binding financial,
operational, and service-related decisions.
* Ensures that all accounts and brokers are promptly informed of
relevant legislative and regulatory issues and their associated
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* Requires a bachelors degree.
* Requires a minimum of five (5) years of professional sales or
contract negotiation experience, preferably in the health insurance
industry, with a documented track record of success.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Requires a valid NJ drivers license.
* Requires a New Jersey State Health/Life License.
* Under specific circumstances, internal candidates may be
considered provided they obtain their NJ State Health/Life license
within 3 months in role. Not IC eligible until license is
* Must be proficient and possess advanced skills in the use of
personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based
environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
and Lotus Notes; Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and
* Requires knowledge of Group Health products lines including
Managed Care and Dental.
* Requires knowledge of rating and policy renewal practices for all
Funding mechanisms, i.e., fully insured prospective group, minimum
premium, and ASO.
* Prefers knowledge of Horizon BCBSNJ products, underwriting
policies, enrollment, billing, and claims processing
Skills and Abilities:
* Verbal and written communication
* Public speaking and presentation
Travel (If Applicable):
* Travel throughout tri-state area is required.
HORIZON BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NEW JERSEY IS AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE,
COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER
IDENTITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR STATUS AS AN INDIVIDUAL WITH
A DISABILITY AND ANY OTHER PROTECTED CLASS AS REQUIRED BY FEDERAL,
STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Newark , Account Manager II, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!