Manager, Network Provider Data Management
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Posted on: September 13, 2019
This position is responsible for strategically managing data across
Horizon enterprise while ensuring high levels of data availability.
This position is responsible for standardizing data naming,
establishing constant data definitions and monitoring overall data
quality. Additional this position will evaluate and select all
infrastructure components for data management and business
* Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and
procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all
enterprise provider databases.
* Works closely with the business unit and IT to ensure database
integrity and security.
* Responsible for ensuring comprehensiveness of all database
designs considering internal and external needs.
* Works with IT to designs, develop and implement infrastructure to
provide highly-complex, reliable and scalable databases to meet
enterprise objectives and requirements.
* Responsible for mapping out the conceptual design for all
enterprise provider databases.
* Responsible for writing database documentation, including data
standards and procedures.
* Responsible for installing and testing new versions or updates to
* Controls access permissions and privileges.
* Develops, manages, and tests backup and recover plans.
* Ensures that storage, archiving, backup and recover procedures
are functioning correctly.
* Establishes users needs and monitors user access and
* Responsible for balancing and controlling (auditing) feeds in and
out of each database.
* Responsible for providing Liaison Services between business and
* Participates in the identification, prioritization and
development of technical initiatives and strategies.
* Plans and maintains annual budgets. Seeks opportunities to
maximize impact of spending.
* Works with Horizon and external entities on workgroups that
facilitate the implementation of new activities or corrective
* Directs staff to ensure overall client satisfaction and
appropriate level of service delivery.
* Develops and monitors goals for staff and provides ongoing
feedback and coaching.
* Conducts performance reviews on a semi-annual basis and
administers salaries for the staff.
* Directs the employment activities of the office that include
staffing, development, and training.
* Ensures staff meets all regulatory requirements and comprehends
and complies with best practices, professional standards, internal
policies, and procedures.
* Requires knowledge of health insurance operations areas,
including current workflows, and procedures and policies.
* Strongly prefer knowledge of the following systems: ASP.NET 3.5,
ASP.NET AJAX, C# 3.0, SQL Server 2005, IIS 6.0, SAS, SSIS Package,
Windows Service, SQL Scripts & Stored Procedures, Castel Windsor
* Strong understanding of SOA.
* Requires knowledge of strategic planning and development.
* Changed Management metrologies preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
* Requires excellent communication skills and ability to write and
discuss clear procedures regarding technical issues.
* Requires comprehensive leadership and decision-making skills.
* Requires high level skills for working with all levels of
* Requires strong project management skills.
* Requires demonstrated analytical and technical ability.
* Requires the ability to effectively interface with all users,
systems support and systems personnel.
* Requires good presentation skills.
* Requires the ability to use project management, spreadsheet and
word processing software packages.
* Requires the ability to initiate, control and complete special
* Requires Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science,
Information Systems, or any business related field from an
accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
* Prefer an advanced degree or certification in Management
* Requires eight (8) years of professional experience in an
operations environment in healthcare and may include Applications
Development and Distributed operations developing and implementing
* Strongly prefers a minimum of four (4) years experience in
Microsoft SQL environment.
* Requires knowledge of Access and experience debugging
* Requires a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.
* Strongly prefer a minimum of three years project management
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Prefer Microsoft Certified Database Administrator, Microsoft
Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or Microsoft Certified Solution
This job summary has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by colleagues within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of colleagues assigned to this job.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with
a disability and any other protected class as required by federal,
state or local law.
Newark, NJ, Hopewell, NJ
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Newark , Manager, Network Provider Data Management, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!