Director, Revenue Cycle Management
Company: QHR Health
Posted on: May 24, 2023
*Welcome to QHR Health!*
At QHR Health, we've been making local healthcare better for more than 40 years. Our mission is to strengthen independent community healthcare. We provide independent hospitals and health systems with the support, guidance and tech-enabled shared services needed to remain strong and viable. With a strong sense of purpose and commitment to operating excellence, we help rural healthcare providers fulfill their missions.
The QHR Health difference is the extraordinary combination of operations experience and consulting guidance that fulfills our mission of creating a sustainable future for healthcare organizations. QHR Health's vision is to be a dynamic, integrated professional services company delivering innovative and executable solutions through experience and thought leadership, while valuing trust, respect, and customer focused behavior.
We're looking for talented, motivated professionals with a desire to help independent hospitals thrive. Working with QHR Health, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with highly skilled subject matter specialists and operations executives, in a collegial atmosphere of professionalism and teamwork.
QHR Health's corporate headquarters is located in Brentwood, TN. For more information, visit www.qhr.com.
At QHR Health, we've been making local healthcare better for more than 40 years. We provide independent hospitals and health systems with the support, guidance and tech-enabled shared services needed to remain strong and viable, including revenue cycle management through our service line, ResolutionRCM.
We're looking for talented, motivated professionals with a desire to help the 110+ independent hospitals we serve to join our team. Working at ResolutionRCM, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with highly skilled subject matter specialists and operations executives and make a meaningful difference for independent hospitals, in a collegial atmosphere of professionalism and teamwork.
QHR Health's corporate headquarters and ResolutionRCM are located in Brentwood, TN. For more information, visit https://resolutionrc.com/.
The Director, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) will support with strategic oversight to direct, manage, and improve the revenue cycle operations that favorably impact accounts receivable, cash acceleration, and net revenue. This position will drive operational excellence and accountability through a metrics driven culture conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The Director, RCM will be responsible for defining ways to leverage data for management decision making, performance monitoring, or future planning. The Regional Director Hospital Revenue Cycle is to serve as the internal revenue cycle liaison for hospital leadership for assigned region, responding to stakeholder needs and supporting revenue cycle related initiatives. The director works with hospital leadership to ensure understanding of revenue cycle processes and metrics and assesses how facilities are performing financially, including denials trending and analysis. The director provides direction and development support to ensure facility strategic objectives are met, including development of actions plans for metrics not meeting established goals and facilitates regularly scheduling meetings onsite with regional leaders to report financial performance, opportunities, training and improvement plans with key stakeholders. This director will work collaboratively with the Revenue Cycle teams to implement best practices. Provide oversight of billing, claims, and follow-up items related to the operations of the facilities. Analyze regional facility efficiencies and provide feedback for improvements in operations. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Revenue Cycle leaders and fosters a strong working relationship with supporting organizations (coding, IS, managed care). Challenges best practices and seeks opportunities to drive process improvements, ensuring standardization across the region. Identifies training needs to enhance performance and coordinates deployment with training team.
*MUST be willing to Travel 75-80%*
*Key Success Factors*
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of internal revenue cycle metrics, processes, and terminology as it relates to the continuum of care for inpatients, hospital and clinic environments, operations, revenue cycle services, CMS regulations and medical terminology. The ideal candidate must have strong verbal, written and communication skills and have the strong ability to establish relationships including executives and front-line staff.
* Manages activities and responsibilities of various functions within the revenue cycle Assists in the development of broader goals and objectives based on assigned the Company's needs and ensures continuous improvement in quality, operational cost effectiveness, customer satisfaction and resource utilization.
* Create and optimize an in-depth knowledge of revenue cycle principles practices, procedures, contractual compliance, and internal controls.
* Develop and maintain an infrastructure for timely and accurate submission of claims and issuance of patient statements.
* Evaluate and/or identify needs for appropriate and key partnerships such as outsourcing, collections, underpayment, vendors, eligibility, etc.
* Ownership over revenue cycle reporting
* Provide continuous monitoring and active management of all revenue cycle processes.
* Partner with leadership, finance team, and vendors to ensure that the revenue cycle efforts support the needs of the organization.
* Develops work plans that reflect sound hypothesis-based problem solving, thorough understanding of project objectives, and milestones.
* Creates sophisticated, compelling communications that commands client audiences and motivate clients to action.
* Leads project team by continually assessing priorities, the flow of work, and timing of deliverables while anticipating roadblocks.
* Creates a positive team environment, uses best practice communication approaches, and maintains a pulse on team morale.
* Champions professional development of team members and helps them achieve their goals through coaching and timely, actionable feedback.
* Manages and develops the team talent required to achieve the goals
* Develops and executes business initiatives and roadmaps with practice leadership, support and product management teams, including practice management system implementations, business office consolidations and supporting technology implementations.
* Directly manages a team of and/or directors who manage specific business functions, initiatives or roadmaps.
* May also manage a team of front-line staff in addition to Managers or other directors.
* Provides guidance to the team to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
* Establishes and recommends changes to policies or operating models which affect the revenue cycle or supporting organization(s).
* Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules.
* Manages, through direct line managers, the coordination of activities of a section or department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
* Frequently interacts with team leaders, customers and/or functional peer group leaders.
* Will interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company
* Other duties as assigned. Receives any other assignments as needed in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
* Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
* Bachelors or Equivalent Experience
* 10+ years' experience in project implementation, product or program management
* 5+ years of revenue cycle management experience
* 5+ years of leading teams, specifically coaching and developing teams
* 5+ years of board or senior leadership level meeting experience
* Accomplished leader with outstanding teamwork and general management skills
* Evidence of creativity, intensity, high integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment, balance between analytical and intuitive skills and a willingness to "roll up one's sleeves" to apply these attributes
* Thorough knowledge of project management
* Strong sense of urgency and drive to produce results
* Understands the "big picture" and is able to juggle many priorities
* Understands and is able to navigate dynamics and politics within organizations, support and corporate teams
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Track record of positive conflict resolution in complex matrixed environment
* Understanding of billing systems platforms
* Analytical skills to identify opportunities to improve revenue cycle performance, process and workflow
* *MUST be willing to Travel 75-80% *
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Remote interview process.
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Newark, NJ 07102: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
* What is your salary requirement?
Willingness to travel:
* 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Welcome to QHR Health!*
Keywords: QHR Health, Newark , Director, Revenue Cycle Management, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!