Manager, ERP Systems
Company: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Manager, ERP Systems
Director, Information Technology
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Manager of ERP Systems is responsible for managing and advancing NJTPA's enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, including but not limited to its SAP system and business intelligence platforms. Responsibilities include management of the ERP systems life cycle (analyses, design, development, programming, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of applications), system integrations and reporting, and functional support. Working independently, with only minimal supervision, the Manager of ERP Systems generally operates under deadlines and is capable of handling multiple assignments concurrently. This role requires working closely with functional departments and partner agencies in addressing information system needs, assessing solutions, training system administrators, and solving ad-hoc information management issues - using the most current information technologies available.
In addition, the Manager of ERP Systems develops strategies to leverage the ERP system and other technologies to improve business processes and create internal efficiencies. Responsibilities include strategic development of an effective ERP system planning process, including creation and maintenance of budgets, integrated project schedules, execution in conformance to plans, and the continuing update and adjustment of plans due to changing circumstances. The successful candidate exercises overall day-to-day control of NJTPA's ERP systems' projects and coordination of team resources, balancing the needs for program success with available resources and the skills and capabilities of staff and consultants. Responsibilities also include making timely, effective decisions and interacting regularly across various departments and organizational levels - to negotiate solutions that foster strong team relationships and continued success of the program, while approaching needed decisions in a logical and thoughtful manner and weighing conflicting information. The successful candidate will keep abreast of emerging technology trends and take an active interest in professional development to ensure their skills stay current. All duties will need to be performed in accordance with university policies, procedures, and core values. This is a technical non-supervisory position that may occasionally require work outside of normal business hours to address information systems failures and/or meet program and project deliverables.
* Manage, advance, and integrate NJTPA's ERP systems.
* Maintain SAP system licenses, including assigning user access and profiles.
* Analyze functional and cross-functional business process needs and development of process improvement recommendations, working closely with end users to identify, analyze, and deploy core business processes and workflows to integrate into the ERP/SAP systems and business intelligence platforms.
* Devise or modify procedures to solve ERP/SAP systems management problems. Solutions may involve process change recommendations, new or modified data management steps, changes to systems integrations, or changes in technology applications. ERP/SAP systems may be locally developed, commercially licensed, open source, or cloud based.
* Prepare detailed technical specifications for software development, implementation, and/or integration into existing application infrastructure. This includes preparation and implementation of service design and support packages and consultant solicitations.
* Manage ERP/SAP system hardware, software, and security needs in coordination with the Manager, Information Systems Architect.
* Serve as the key technical liaison with third party vendors and consultants providing ERP/SAP system licensing and support services, including the management of technical SAP support incidents
* Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document ERP/SAP systems, job controls, and/or workflow procedures across multiple platforms.
* Analyze, troubleshoot, and address ERP/SAP system issues reported by end users.
* Ensure full and efficient utilization of NJTPA's ERP/SAP systems by reviewing and evaluating system design methodologies and strategies, validating data inputs, generating user reports, and identifying and installing automated workflow processes and enhancements to improve the user experience, consistent with best practices.
* Assist with various ERP/SAP projects, including the development of project teams, establishing clear communication lines among team members, and developing and managing work plans, project resources, budgets, and schedules.
* Assist with deployment and maintenance of SAP GUI interfaces and reports, including SAP Fiori and BI tools and dashboards to improve user experience, data sharing, and report development.
* Assist with data integration and conversions, including integration of SAP human resource, finance, and procurement data.
* Monitor and report routine ERP/SAP system performance and manage software upgrades and patches, including on-going support of information system maintenance to ensure operational efficiency and optimum performance. This may involve troubleshooting and/or diagnosis of failures, corrective actions, product research, evaluation, and solution upgrades.
* Devise or modify standard operating procedures, methodologies, and guidelines for the ERP/SAP systems' users and administrators, including, processes, procedures, best practices, data, architecture, security, quality, maintenance, and enhancement protocols.
* Develop communication plans to facilitate process implementation and adoption.
* Train ERP system administrators and provide technical guidance to team members on SAP systems functional and technical processes.
* Develop and manage annual ERP System budgets and expenses, including forecasting expenditures in alignment with the annual program budgets, ensuring strict adherence to approved project budgets and timelines, and assessing actual financial performance with justifications for all variances
* Create KPI dashboard on ERP system performance, including benefit cost analysis for management review. * Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in in computer science, information systems, or a related field is required.
* Minimum of five years' experience in software design, development, and production methodologies, data management, and systems integration technologies - including ERP systems and Business Intelligence platforms.
* Expertise in deployment, configuration, and management of current SAP ERP systems, including SAP S/4 HANA, Fiori, BI, Crystal Reports, and Lumira.
* Demonstrated business analytics, technical analysis, software development, planning, and organizational skills.
* A strong understanding of IT service management best practices.
* At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
* Masters' Degree.
* SAP Certification.
* Experience with financial management and accounting systems.
* Working knowledge of standard hardware/software in a desktop/server environment, including MS Windows Server operating system, MS Office Suite and 365, SQL database, MS BI, and Cognos.
* Experience managing and delivering information technology/systems projects.
Keywords: New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark , Manager, ERP Systems, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!