Assistant Director, Annual Giving
Company: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Assistant Director, Annual Giving
VP Development & Alumni Relations
Executive Director, Annual GivingPosition Type:
The Assistant Director will work with the Executive Director, Annual
Giving in the administrative and programmatic aspects of the annual giving
operations, with primary responsibility over the Student Engagement Center
Calling Program. The program employs student fundraisers to solicit financial
support for the university from alumni and friends. The Assistant Director is
responsible for providing overall support involved with the annual fund
programs including planning, managing, and evaluating the Student Engagement
Center program.Core position responsibilities include: developing, implementing, and
overseeing all aspects of the Student Engagement Center Calling Program;
working with the Annual Giving team to develop a program and implement
strategies that will expand the base of annual giving support.Essential Functions:
- Work with the Executive Director, Annual Giving to create and manage a comprehensive plan that enables the university to reach donors and non-donors to consistently build and sustain the donor pipeline.
- Utilize calling software to strategically segment, assign and manage calling records, manage calling shifts, and callers' performance, and report the progress of the program.
- In partnership with Executive Director, develop and manage a comprehensive plan to incorporate texting and video outreach into the engagement center for alumni outreach, pledge fulfillment, and solicitation.
- Work flexible hours/days that include evenings and Sundays.
- Recruit, lead, train, and motivate a team of approximately 30 student employees.
- Supervise and manage the workflow of the student employees, and set and measure performance standards.
- Generate statistical data and comparative reporting.
- Ability to analyze data and manage detailed reporting.
- Provide daily gifts and pledge reports through the efforts of the Student Engagement Center to the Operations team.
- Develop and implement a calling segmentation plan to optimize prospect contact and retention rates.
- Support the work of the annual giving team and the Development & Alumni Relations division.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of annual giving events.Prerequisite Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Functional knowledge of the Raiser's Edge database.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful professional development experience, preferably in higher education;
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in higher education fundraising or with a non- profit organization.
- Experience working with fundraising software programs - Wilson Bennett Technologies (WBT) or similar; ThankView; Mongoose text messaging - or similar; social media platforms.
- Experience managing a Student Engagement Center program.Bargaining Unit:
Full-Time Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark , Assistant Director, Annual Giving, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!