Contract Management Specialist
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Verizon is seeking an IT Vendor Strategy Sourcing Contract
Specialist to assist in driving our IT Vendor Strategy team. The
team manages the Labor SOW resource utilization, performance
metrics and contract governance for key IT services providers for
the CIO and leaders of Verizon's Corporate Systems Group. The IT
Vendor Strategy Sourcing reports to the IT Vendor Strategy Senior
Manager Under the Business Ops Executive Director and is
responsible to optimize vendor sourcing and drive vendor strategy
with efficient governance and timely reporting and analysis in
alignment with business priorities and contract terms &
The candidate leverages the data and relationships with the
workstream teams to provide timely and actionable insights into the
portfolio and the vendor's performance. In collaboration with the
Strategy & Ops team and the vendor, the candidate will continue to
mature and enhance the strategy and tools to improve the team's
efficiency while satisfying contractual obligations. Through
value-focused portfolio management, collaborative governance and
strong stakeholder management, the candidate will ensure that
Verizon gets both the quality of service delivery and cooperation
from the external and internal leads to optimize the business value
from this relationship.
- Assisting in the monthly reporting, adjustment and approvals
for the demand and actuals for application development and
- Analyzing the demand prioritization and results reporting
process across 8-10 internal workstreams to report on the delivery
and budget performance as well as the alignment to business
- Tracking, reporting and recommending improvements to the
resource mix (onshore/offshore).
- Leading the development and implementation of advanced
recurring automated report and dashboard solutions in support of
- Making strategic business decisions and recommendations on the
appropriate data sources, tools, and visualization and delivery
methods to leverage information effectively.
- Analyzing data and effectively communicates findings to
- Identifying and recommends modifications to improve process
efficiencies for report and dashboard delivery methods and
- Partnering with internal stakeholders on reports and dashboards
for enhancements and modifications.
- Creating new business intelligence services and support to
address emerging needs.
- Engaging Verizon stakeholders (HR, Finance, Sourcing, Security,
others) to assess vendor compliance with their needs
- Supporting the current relationships with key vendor contacts
to ensure transparency and integrity of the reporting and approval
of the deliverables.
- Providing actionable insights at recurring vendor and Verizon
meetings and assist in managing the risks, issues and action items
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, DevOps, SDLC & ITIL
frameworks for application development and maintenance.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Strong communication and analytical problem solving skills to
collaborate and build trust with cross-functional teams while
balancing competing priorities
- Experience in managing the performance of enterprise-level IT
vendor agreements including experience with sourcing, contractual
language, and service level definition and adherence
- Experience effective relationship management and presentation
skills with both internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Experience with Managed Services contracts and strategic
- Experience with Atlassian (Confluence, Jira), and
Project/Portfolio tools (e.g., Clarity)
- Experience in data-driven performance management through
scorecards or dashboards.
- Knowledge of key contract areas for IT managed services (KPIs,
Demand Management, Financial Management, etc.)
- Experience in governance, performance management or reporting
processes. (dashboard development).
- Experience in Microsoft Office - Microsoft Excel (can perform
complex functions) & Google Suite -Google Sheets and analysis
- Self-starter and intentional in your time management.
- Ability to manage both individual priorities and the
interdependency with delivery teams and leaders across the
- Experience developing operational and financial management and
- Experience identifying, managing and reporting on risks and
- Experience translating contract terms into obligations and
metrics to track vendor performance.
- Knowledge of operational and financial performance
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you
to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: VerizonMedia, Newark , Contract Management Specialist, Executive , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!