Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
Responsible for providing leadership and direction around club
merchandising, ensuring merchandise is available for sale in proper
quantities throughout the store, delivering a positive service
experience to members, overseeing and directing the work of
merchandise department team members. Acts as a key holder for the
The Night Manager is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty
(MOD) as assigned. While MOD, the Night Manager has responsibility
to manage the entire Club, including all Club departments, to
address any and all concerns brought to the MOD's attention, and to
escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
* Know their business/business acumen. Exhibit strategic thinking
and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and utilization of
* Lead through change. Model leadership competencies, build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth.
* Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require to
* Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and
feedback that will drive business results and support team member
* Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
* Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures and
* Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. Lead with the team member
and member in mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate
any concerns, as appropriate.
* Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
* Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.
* Guarantee service excellence through all points of contact.
* Set service standard expectations for all team members. Provide
team support and empowerment to resolve every member concern.
* Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
* Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
* Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
* Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Lead teams to deliver GOLD club standards
* Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
* All items stocked and promotional plans executed
* Maintain visible accurate signage
* Clean and organized, inside and out
* Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain
Know Your Business:
* Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance
* Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity
* Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics
* Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
* Collaborates with Assistant Club Manager to develop effective and
productive merchandising teams through selection, training,
managing, evaluating performance, coaching, motivating, and
disciplining, when necessary.
* Leads the Zone Lead merchandising team to manage merchandise
display and signing processes.
* Be involved with onboarding process of new team members.
* Communicates with managers regarding staffing levels and team
* Ensures merchandise is properly displayed and has appropriate
signage. Ensures merchandise is available for sale in proper
quantities throughout the store.
* Follows and executes company directives related to merchandising,
resets, and sales initiatives within the allotted time. Ensure
sales floor standards are maintained.
* Recommends merchandising changes to enhance sales.
* Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the
building and equipment.
* Serve as the designated forklift trainer for the club.
* Operates a forklift in a safe and efficient manner. Inspects
forklifts prior to use and follows established safety
* Ensures that all team members follow safety and sanitation
guidelines. Validates steel and pallet safety walks and addresses
and communicates any identified safety concerns in a timely
* Responsible for steel and pallet safety.
* Responsible for opening the cash office.
* Maintains all club policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
* Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email) required.
* High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
* Valid Driver's License required.
* Forklift operator required.
* Prior forklift operating and merchandising experience preferred,
but not required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must successfully complete required training and certification
* Must demonstrate leadership capabilities, including supervising
team members, training team members, and driving and communicating
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results. Able to own and deliver
against strategic initiatives and objectives.
* Open shift availability required.
* Most of the time is spent standing and moving about continuously
on hard surfaces. Frequent need to position oneself to examine
and/or scan merchandise, as well as to bend, climb, crawl, kneel,
push, pull, reach, move side to side, stoop, and climb ladders/step
stools. Requires use of a pallet jack to pull and push pallets.
Requires operating a forklift.
* Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require
lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds
* Usually perform job in a comfortable environment surrounded by
moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in
order to be heard. Occasional exposure to temperature extremes in
freezer or cooler units. There may be occasional exposure to
company approved chemicals and cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Newark , Night manager, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!