Equity Product Manager - PGIM (Hybrid)
Company: PGIM Global Short Duration High Yield Fund, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Product Management - Product Management
Our Business: PGIM is the diversified asset management business of
Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in
assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM
is among the world's top-10 largest asset managers. Comprised of
seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business
offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm's
ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while
fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust,
respect and equality.
The Equity Product Managerwill work closely with various business
units within Prudential such as Jennison Associates, the
fundamental equity management business of PGIM , and various groups
at PGIM Investments including Product Management, Competitor
Analytics, Marketing, Product Development, Sales, Compliance, Legal
and Fund Administration. The position will report to a Vice
President, Product Management at PGIM Investments.
* Provide strategic direction for PGIM Investments products
sub-advised by Jennison Associates.
* Accurately and effectively position our Jennison sub-advised
products based on information from Asset Management, external news
sources, internally run data, feedback from sales, and other
* Work closely with sales management and internal partners on
product positioning, recommending the development of new materials
and ways to enhance existing pieces.
* Take a leadership role as an advocate for the Jennison equity
product line. Know Jennison's strategies, how to navigate the firm,
how to attain information, and develop processes for effective
* Responsible for reviewing others work to ensure accuracy and
* Monitor capital markets, trade publications, flows, performance,
portfolio characteristics and competitive landscape.
* Present product updates and positioning at sales meetings.
* Review existing product line and recommend changes/enhancements
where applicable. e.g. Pricing, benchmark, PMs, strategy and
* Proactively identify issues impacting the product line and
recommend next steps/solutions.
* Work with internal groups on the structure and positioning of new
* Train new hires on the basics of the product line and current
employees on new products, product changes, etc.
* Drive relationships with Distribution (Sales, National Accounts,
DCIO, etc.) along with internal partners (Product Development,
Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Fund Admin, etc.)
* Respond to sales inquiries in a timely manner (answer questions,
provide data, etc.)
* Present strategy information and product updates on calls with
* Limited travel to present with sales coordinators and to industry
* Legally required work - Review Shareholder reports and
prospectuses, 15(c) peer review, cap gains, etc.
* Proactively and reactively generate analytical data that can
support product positioning
* Create & Update Fund Presentations and Fund positioning
* Respond to special requests from Senior Management.
* Assist with competitive analysis and positioning points.
Your Required Skills:
* Strong Equity markets knowledge with ability to articulate
complex concepts to audiences with varying degrees of investment
* Previous Product Management experience preferred
* Understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, styles
* Must be able to effectively communicate with and work with the
PGIM Investments Sales and Marketing teams.
* Series 7 license preferred; must be capable of obtaining
licensing within 120 days if not currently held.
* Bachelor's degree required. CFA or CIMA designation
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to create efficient processes
* Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously,
and complete projects on a timely basis.
* Ability to influence people who don't have a direct reporting
* Strong PC skills (including general software and industry
databases such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lipper, FactSet,
Barclays Live, Morningstar Direct, LANA, Bloomberg, preferred).
* An undergraduate degree and 5+ years of mutual fund and/or ETF
industry experience preferred.
Your Desired Skills:
* Experience working with fundamental equity asset managers
* Strong attention to detail, with analytical capabilities.
* Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to
establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships
with all departments and organizational levels.
* Creative thinker with an ability to identify process improvement
opportunities, as well as sales ideas.
* Solid written communication and oral presentation skills.
* Desire to make a strong contribution and continue to advance
through the group.
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive
culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their
authentic selves to work. We don't just accept difference-we
celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential,
employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by
owning their development, their career and their future. We
encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued
opportunities within Prudential.
* Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated
with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with
operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management
expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and
institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The
company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability,
expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time.
Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services,
including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services,
mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to
the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to
be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can
grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit
www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics,
disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner
status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants.
Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at
email@example.com for more information about doing
business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process,
which may include an assessment, please email
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with
disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a
technical issue with your application or an assessment, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org to request
Keywords: PGIM Global Short Duration High Yield Fund, Inc., Newark , Equity Product Manager - PGIM (Hybrid), Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!