Special Event Manager
Company: Staffing Boutique, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Staffing Boutique is pleased to notify you of a new temporary
(Possible temp to perm) opportunity!IF THIS POSITION IS NOT RIGHT
FOR YOU, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD IT ON TOANYONE YOU KNOW
LOOKING FOR WORK!
If interested, please respond ASAP if with a resume attached as a
Word or PDF document.Organization Type: Performing ArtsOffice
Location: Downtown Newark, NJSchedule: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Work from Home: 3 days a week are work from home; 2 days a week
in-officeStart Date: December 1st or soonerPay: $35/hour while
temporary Salary: if you are interested in the role as a temp to
perm opportunity, the salary is maxes out at $65-70K Extras: Must
be willing to work evenings and weekends for events; 30+ events per
yearNote: Client is open to anyone open to working on a temp basis
only for this role. Ideally they'd like to find the right person to
go from temp to perm.
Description:Manager of Special EventsReports to: Associate Vice
President of DevelopmentHybrid work schedule with 2 days a week in
the Newark officeThe primary role of this position is to plan,
execute and manage large- and small-scale in-person and virtual
events to support organizational goals. This individual oversees
the planning, coordination, and execution of Special Events,
including galas, auctions, raffles, receptions and other
donor-centric events. This position requires exceptional project
management skills, communications and writing skills, high
attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills. The candidate
should have the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
independently, and the desire to take initiative as well as work as
part of a cohesive development and marketing team. In addition, the
individual is responsible for developing strategies to meet
aggressive revenue goals for fundraising events and developing
solicitation plans and proposals for event sponsorships.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES Opening Night Celebration/Fall GalaLunar New
Year CelebrationSpring into Music Gala and Auction/Spring GalaDonor
appreciation and cultivation eventsBoard of Trustee events
Event Design and Management
- Serve as the primary point of contact for fundraising and donor
- Manage volunteer event planning committees.
- Work with event chairs and honorees (or their representatives)
to coordinate event logistics and solicitation strategies.
- Oversee the creative direction of events.
- Create and manage the overall event production schedule as well
as day-of event run-of-show schedule.
- Research potential event locations and vendors and make
- Secure, direct and supervise contracted event vendors.
- Manage the design and production of special event materials
(printed and digital), i.e. invitations, signage, programs,
journals, sponsorship recognition, website, marketing materials,
online ticketing portal, etc.
- Develop a digital marketing plan for each gala, including
social media posts, email blasts and enews updates
- Write content for printed event materials, digital event
marketing materials, correspondence with event attendees and
supporters, and scripts for speakers.
- Manage the creation of mailing lists for event
- Track invitation responses.
- Interface with the Operations staff and venue staff to
coordinate logistic and performance needs for events.
- Recruit volunteers/staff for manpower, where needed, of
- Provide on-site coordination, including problem solving and
interaction with vendors.
- Work with other department staff to provide research on event
- Research, analyze and recommend changes in overall Special
Events strategies as needed.
- Oversee a donor benefits and cultivation program that includes
the planning and production of concert receptions, backstage tours,
open rehearsals, recognition events, cultivation receptions and
program site visits.
- Manage all timelines, logistical planning and on-site aspects
of donor events.
- Work with appropriate Department colleagues to generate guest
lists, send invitations and track replies.Financial Oversight
- Devise and execute strategies to increase event revenues and
contain expenses so as to maximize net proceeds.
- Develop revenue and expense projections and regular financial
- Maintain budget accounting and reporting for special
- Reconcile and submit vendor invoices for payment.
- Prepare event-related donor invoices.
- Manage in-kind support for special events.
- Maintain files and paperwork for events.
- Well organized with great written and verbal communication
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills,
comfortable speaking with major donors, and enjoy working with
- Comfortable with being a front-facing representative of the
organization and meeting donors and sponsors.
- Creative, imaginative and able to translate ideas into action
- Able to multi-task several projects at once and establish
priorities amongst competing interests.
- Pay extraordinary attention to detail.
- Proactive problem solverQUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of experience or
equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite with
proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience working with a donor database like Raiser's Edge or
Tessitura to generate lists and update records is a plus.
- Ability to attend events on evenings and weekends as
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays; and
provide own transportation to multiple event venues throughout
Northern and Central NJ.
Hours: Full time hybrid. Expectation is to work business hours,
Monday through Friday. Additional evenings and weekends are
required, specifically for working at concerts and events in
multiple locations throughout northern and central New Jersey and
**MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED (2 initial doses plus booster)!**
Keywords: Staffing Boutique, Inc., Newark , Special Event Manager, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!