Director of Operations- Rooms
Company: DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport Hotel
Posted on: September 22, 2022
REPORTS TO: General Manager
1. Implement and manage hotel's daily quality process including
goal communication, associate improvement, and compliance with
Crescent standards of product and performance, service recovery and
problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest
satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
4. Assign and instruct Rooms Division Department Managers in
details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement.
Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
5. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop
the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written
correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to
resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or
air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during
emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement
detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment
6. Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and
staffing of the Rooms Department including: Telephone, Housekeeping
Services, Front Office, Laundry, Concierge and Guest Services.
7. Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms
Division revenue and expenses. Review Security logs daily for
significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all
enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
8. Work closely with the General Manager in establishing and
monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of
the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems
of detail that come up in the course of the work.
9. Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various
hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings,
Executive Committee Meetings, Quality Teams Meetings, etc.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Keywords: DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport Hotel, Newark , Director of Operations- Rooms, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!