Corporate Development Manager
Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... The Corporate Development
Manager is a critical member of a small, nimble team that executes
Verizon's inorganic strategic goals including mergers,
acquisitions, divestitures, and other strategic initiatives that
have a transformative impact on the business. Targets will span a
broad range of industries within Telecom, Media, and Technology
("TMT"). Companies will vary in size from small, private, VC-backed
companies to public enterprises with multibillion dollar market
- Apply accounting and financial concepts to research potential
acquisition targets, perform rigorous financial valuation analyses,
and lead due diligence activities across large teams.
- Work closely with the broader Verizon Finance
- Interact daily with a wide range of corporate and functional
groups. You will have opportunities for direct interaction with
- Work closely with and support transaction leads throughout the
deal process.This hybrid role will have a defined work location
that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the
manager.What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Four or more years of work experience in Corporate Development,
Corporate Strategy, Commercial Finance, Venture Capital, Investment
Banking, Management Consulting or substantially equivalent
- Knowledge of financial statements (e.g., income statement,
balance sheet, cash flow statement) and proven ability to analyze
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data with relative
autonomy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Writing, presentation development, and communication
- Demonstrated experience presenting to and working directly with
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills with ability
to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working in a transactional environment.
- Knowledge of Telecom, Media and Technology industries.
- Knowledge of research databases and related financial
- Understanding of and professional experience working with
Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.Equal Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Corporate Development Manager, Executive , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!