Manager, Fundraising and Business Development
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Founded in 2012, digitalundivided is the leading non-profit
leveraging our data, programs, and advocacy to catalyze economic
growth for Black and Latinx women entrepreneurs and innovators. Our
goal is to create a greater world in which all women of color own
their work and worth. Our mission moves the entrepreneurial
ecosystem forward, to increase funding, access and opportunities
for women of color in business and innovation. Our work and
advocacy laid the groundwork to empower generations to speak in
profound ways about the realities, experiences, and disparities of
entrepreneurship, while defining actions for change.
As an organization solving deeply rooted systemic issues, we take a
multipronged approach. Our research outcomes sparked a global
conversation to eliminate barriers in entrepreneurship.
digitalundivided was the first to debut authoritative research on
the state of Black and Latinx women founders with the ProjectDiane
Report. The legacy of ProjectDiane inspires our expanded research
efforts, conducted by women of color and focused on women of color
in entrepreneurship and the businesses they lead.
digitalundivided's programs -- START, BIG Pre-Accelerator,
BREAKTHROUGH, Do You Fellowship and the New C-Suite -- mobilize
community, best-in-class resources, advisory, and investment to
support women of color founders at all stages of their
entrepreneurial and funding journeys. digitalundivided's work is
based in the United States, but our impact advancing inclusive
innovation resonates globally. For more information, visit:
www.digitalundivided.com and follow us on Twitter (@digundiv) and
on Instagram and Facebook (@digitalundivided).
What's In It For You
Not only does every team member have multiple talents in addition
to their primary role, the digitalundivided team also moves fast to
deliver on our mission with a deep sense of purpose and a healthy
sense of humor. To every team member, we offer:
- Innovation, collaboration, and a growth-centric culture.
digitalundivided believes in the knowledge and skill set of all our
employees. Immerse yourself in an environment that encourages you
to always show up at your highest and best, with unlimited
opportunities for growth within the organization.
- A diverse and supportive team of talented individuals. Along
with our global mission also comes a global team. Connect and
collaborate across departments with a dynamic group of employees
dedicated to moving the needle in the innovation entrepreneurship
- An incomparable workplace culture. digitalundivided is
committed to its core values. To ensure the success of our
employees, we ensure that our core values are embedded in the
principles and actions of the work we do every day.
- Competitive compensation and benefits for every full-time
employee. digitalundivided is committed to ensuring our employees
are provided with the support and security necessary to be their
best selves. This is why we offer a very competitive compensation
package that includes medical, dental, vision, commuter, 403b
retirement benefits, and paid vacation plus designed holidays.
Responsibilities Of The Business Development Manager
digitalundivided is looking for an experienced and talented
Business Development Manager to join our team. The Business
Development Manager is a cross-functional team member who uses
their expertise to support the organization's mission. This role
supports and reports to the CEO .The ideal candidate will work with
the Associate Director of Partnerships & Events, who is the first
point of contact a new potential client will have when they are
seeking information on digitalundivided's programs, research and
data. The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, strategic and
collaborative thinker who can seamlessly execute and juggle
multiple internal stakeholders and external relationships, while
meeting deadlines. This individual must be a self-starter with
previous experience developing internal and external communications
strategies. They must possess an understanding of digitalundivded,
business development, research, data, social impact measurement and
how to engage potential clients to be around our findings.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, detail-oriented, and serve
as a support to the Executive and Partnerships departments. The
Business Development Manager candidate must be EXTREMELY
detail-oriented and highly organized, able to foster and maintain
relationships with diverse individuals and organizations aligned
with digitalundivided's mission, including, but not limited to
current/potential funders/partners/donors. Must be comfortable
working in a collaborative start-up environment across cultures,
sectors, partnerships, and technologies.
The successful candidate will have experience with startups,
non-profit and/or for profit business development focused in
enterprises, or other initiatives that support high-growth Black
Women and Latinas. The candidate must have a great understanding of
the social impact ecosystem and a deep passion for
digitalundivided's mission and work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including
new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships,
programs and services - or new ways of reaching existing
- Seek out the appropriate contact from a potential lead;
- Meet with funders to foster and develop relationships with
- Understand the needs of our funders and be able to respond
effectively with a plan of how to meet them;
- Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order
to implement operational changes
- As needed and/or requested, draw up client contracts;
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the Marketing
& Communications department;
- Liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics
departments as appropriate and also seeking ways of improving the
way the business operates;
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate;
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- You have big visions, and also know how to build them block by
block to execute on them. You can take a big idea, break it down
into parts, then coordinate all the pieces and find the resources
to make it come together smoothly.
- You're excited about joining a growing and visionary
organization. Day-to-day uncertainty and the opportunity for growth
excites you, vs. stressing you out.
- You're a curious and empathetic leader. Personally, you
approach the world looking for ways to engage more deeply and learn
from everyone around you. Professionally, you are looking to have
authority and autonomy within your portfolio of responsibility, and
you are excited by having ownership over what you do. What's
more--you always over-deliver.
- You're resourceful, and can motivate other people. You know how
to create a high-quality product in a cost-effective way. You can
find ways to make things happen where others might be stumped, and
you naturally attract people who want to join you along the
- You want room for growth in your career. As digitalundivided
grows as an organization, so will the scope and responsibilities of
this role. This also excites you.
- You love stories and also how data informs impact. You can
balance your love of people and their stories with the need for how
data can let you help as many people as possible.
Desired and other required qualifications:
- Strong ethics, high energy, and passion for digitalundivided's
mission, with a focus on driving impact
- Bachelor's degree (in Business, Marketing, Sales or related
field) required, Master's is considered a plus
- 3-5-years of professional experience, with demonstrated success
leading business development, in sales, marketing or related
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting
aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
Good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be
able to advise others about them
- Tech-savvy (experience using project and communication
management software like Asana, Copper, Monday.com, Slack, Google
Suite and social impact measurement software)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to write for diverse audiences, and in s crisis
- Good knowledge of impact measurement, data analytics and
- Experience working with a diverse team, with a flexible and
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but
also a team player who will productively engage with others at
varying levels of seniority within and outside
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and lead a variety of projects at a time,
Keywords: digitalundivided, Newark , Manager, Fundraising and Business Development, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!