Senior Manager, Compensation - Americas (REMOTE)
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job SummaryResponsible for the strategic design, planning,
analysis, execution and ongoing management of compensation.
Recommends program revisions and enhancements which are cost
effective and consistent with peer group, compensation trends and
company objectives.MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all compensation related matters for the Americas
- Develops content and provides recommendations regarding
- Establishes timetables and drives executive compensation
- Partner with Finance and HRIS to ensure compensation processes
are automated and integrated into HRIS
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting
- Manages the review and revision of data, procedures,
documentation and tools necessary for effective HR, Executive and
BOD level consumption
- Develops and implements effective communication tools to
educate managers and employees on compensation practices and
- Manages the administration salary increases and other elements
of compensation programs.
- Assists in preparation of compensation related materials for
presentation to the HR leadership team, CHRO, Compensation
Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Handles the annual competitive analysis process through survey
participation, data analysis, and executive presentation.
- Ensures compliance of Avantor's compensation practices with
federal and state laws.
- Responsible for all expatriates within Avantor. Includes
managing both the short and long term International Assignee
programs, coordinating tax returns and tax equalization and all
- Manages Avantor's domestic relocation program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of compensation experience.
- Must have global compensation experience.
- Experience managing expat assignments and relocation.
- Strong experience working with and influencing senior
- CCP and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Experience designing implementing and administering
- Strong executive presence with strong communications skills and
- Extensive knowledge of compensation, HRIS,, metrics &
- A team orientation that will allow the selected candidate to
thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
- A strong business mind-set with an aptitude to gather and
analyze data and translate that data into meaningful
- Proficiency in general business software applications
- Ability to articulate and forecast how compensation will impact
product lines financially and from a cultural and competitive
- Strong analytical and Excel spreadsheet skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsThis position is
to be based remotely within the US with a strong preference to an
eastern or central time zone location.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or
working conditions associated with a job.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded
to from this email address.For more information about equal
employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal
Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster
Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using
the links below.3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting
candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted
for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply
with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Newark , Senior Manager, Compensation - Americas (REMOTE), Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!