Company: Five Star Senior Living
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Executive Director is responsible for providing
comprehensive leadership for a senior living community in
operational management, goal setting and long-term growth. The
Executive Director leads a team of employees with a positive,
open-door atmosphere and effective communication, leading by
example and ensuring outstanding attention to detail in resident
care and wellbeing. The ED is accountable for staff management,
development and engagement, resident and family satisfaction,
resident occupancy levels, regulatory and budget compliance, and
sales and marketing activities in order to meet or exceed occupancy
and revenue targets. The Executive Director actively promotes Five
Star's mission, philosophies and values in all daily interactions
with employees, residents and families. Responsibilities:
- Partners with regional, divisional and corporate leadership on
short and long term planning for the community, including
supporting and implementation of change management
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, developing and
motivating employees across all functional areas, while providing
regular performance feedback.
- Ensures sounds fiscal management of the community through the
development, management and adherence to the budget; completion of
timely, accurate and comprehensive fiscal reports; approval of
capital expenditures; ensures the collection of rents and other
monies due; and ensures the submission of payments to corporate
- Ensures that employees are hired and screened in line with
company policy and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Enhances and drives resident and engagement and retention.
- Partners and consults with regional and divisional Human
Resources regarding employee related matters including performance,
disciplinary and termination matters to align with Five Star
- Assess and manage staffing levels appropriate to occupancy to
ensure needs of community and residents are met while adhering to
budgetary requirements / fiscal health of the community.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations
applicable to the facility and works with department heads or
corporate legal as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing the
community by continually monitoring the operation of each service
area and making changes as needed.
- Ensures a positive resident experience by building
relationships with residents and setting exceptional standards for
- Fosters a smooth functioning, efficient operation through the
timely and effective resolution of grievances from residents,
families and/or staff.
- Prepares and presents reports as required by regulatory
agencies and the Five Star corporate
- Serves as a key partner in driving sales and occupancy in the
community; in smaller communities may be directly accountable for
sales activities; partners with Regional Sales and Marketing
Directors to understand competitive environment and drive
- Keeps Regional Director of Operations informed of activities,
needs and problems.
- Responsible for monitoring building and facilities needs to
ensure safety and a pleasant living experience for residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Director of
Operations. Skill, Ability and Knowledge
- Nursing Home Administrators License in good standing in
- Passion for working with seniors,
- Bachelor's degree and Administrator's license/certification per
- Prior experience as a General Manager, Executive Director or
Administrator within the health care industry.
- Demonstrated management experience with direct supervision of a
team of at least 10, including hiring, coaching, performance
management, and daily operations supervision.
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including deep familiarity with
financial reporting, P&L statements, labor modeling and
- Experience in sales and marketing, identifying and building
local relationships to drive business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to facilitate small group presentations.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and
- Resident Experience
- Community Leadership
- Occupancy Management
- Team Management This job description represents an overview of
some of the responsibilities that are essential to the function and
qualifications of the position. This job description is not
intended to be, nor is it, an exhaustive list of all of the
Keywords: Five Star Senior Living, Newark , Executive Director, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!