Manager of 5G Strategy
Posted on: November 22, 2021
When you join Verizon Verizon is a leading provider of
technology, communications, information and entertainment products,
transforming the way we connect across the globe. Were a diverse
network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared
purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.What youll be doing...
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and
being the best. We are building a future using technologies like
5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that
are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible.
Were building tomorrow with the best of today. We have a unique
ability to develop next generation platforms, influence technology
standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the
playing field for the next wave of technology innovation with
applications such as IoT, connected cars, aerial drone solutions,
augmented intelligence and more. Within these evolving ecosystems,
Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value
opportunities.The Strategy Consulting team with Verizons Corporate
Strategy organization holds a key role in helping shape this new
path. We challenge ourselves to solve top-of mind strategic
questions, collaborating with leadership and experts across the
organization. We can do so by leveraging the multi-faceted
background of our team consisting of former management consultants,
financial services professionals, data scientists and technology
experts. We are responsible for challenging the status quo, looking
beyond the horizon, and making the future real, role-modeling the
new Verizon 2.0 way of working that builds on customer centricity,
collaboration and innovation to drive positive change.Want to have
meaningful impact? This is where it happens!
- Empower decision-making and execution of strategic initiatives,
working alongside executive leaders across the entire company to
ensure effective communication, governance and change
- Lead a portfolio of cross-functional projects across consumer,
enterprise, public sector, and functional organizations to develop
general management and future leadership capabilities for the
- Drive analysis & solution development of key business
challenges to enable new growth and value opportunities across a
swiftly dynamic and innovative business environment.
- Leverage critical thinking & sharp problem solving skills
(e.g., data-backed analysis, data science tools, valuation methods,
hypothesis-driven approach, research & strategy frameworks) to
support the design & execution of new solutions.
- Collaborate with data scientists to build analytics solutions
focused on embedding AI/ML into critical business decisions and
processes to elevate value-creation and customer experience.
- Manage the creation of detailed financial models to support
overall strategic planning and investment requests.
- Structure and lead proof-of-concept and/or pilot engagements
with technology and business partners.
- Craft and deliver actionable recommendations to senior
leadership through data-driven analysis and visualization for
executive decision making.
- Coach junior team members to enhance their personal
effectiveness & ability to make a positive impact.
- Contribute to a high-performing team of problem solvers from
various disciplines who are committed to driving profitable growth
& innovation across the company.What were looking for... You are
outcomes-driven, smart, hard-working, and a great team player. You
thrive on new challenges, and are excited by the prospect of
mastering new things. You can be creative and visionary, but are
able to roll up your sleeves to structure a project plan, develop a
financial model, or craft a presentation. You are comfortable
leading and following. You are confident enough to voice
well-informed, dissenting opinions, yet always treat others and
their views with respect.Youll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- MBA or advanced degree in Economics, Data Science, Computer
Science or Engineering.
- Two or more years of strategy experience with a top-tier
management consulting firm.
- Experience in a leadership role responsible for the design,
development, and implementation of a strategic plan for an
organization, company or business unit.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and
simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Proven ability to manage complex programs and drive
cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence
co-workers while fostering strong working relationships.
- Comfortable working across all levels of an organization,
leveraging organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise,
simple to understand ways.
- Broad financial acumen including knowledge of valuation
methodologies and ability to develop financial models.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills in combination
with experience in SQL, scripting/statistical programming languages
(Python, R, etc.) and visualization software tools.
- Understanding of advanced statistical methods, machine learning
principles and cloud architecture.
- Experience handling confidential information
appropriately.Equal Employment Opportunity Were proud to be an
equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more. COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical or religious reasons). Internal ID: 575762PandoLogic.
Keywords: IT Manager, Location: Chester, NJ - 07930
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Manager of 5G Strategy, Executive , Chester, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!