Underwriter Trainee (Management Liability)
Company: IAT Insurance Group
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Raise your hand if you're naturally curious and enjoy learning
about different industries and how their businesses operate. We get
that. In fact, this Underwriting Trainee role might be the perfect
career launch to keep you learning, analyzing, and growing. This
position exposes hires to all angles of the Underwriting profession
and will prepare hires to apply analytical skills to evaluate
business risk from an insurance standpoint.
Building a strong career foundation is imperative to professional
growth - that's why our Underwriting Trainee program is designed to
provide hires with the skills needed for a rewarding future in
Underwriting. Trainees will be mentored by a designated coach to
learn about the company, and the part they'll play in making IAT
The Management Liability Business Unit at IAT Insurance Group has
an immediate opening for an Underwriter Trainee that can be in our
Norristown, Pennsylvania or Newark, New Jersey location starting in
June of 2022.
This is a great entry-level career opportunity and/or a great
position for someone with several years of industry experience who
wants to continue to learn and grow in the insurance industry.
As an Underwriter Trainee, you'll make an impact by:
- Evaluating information to determine risk acceptability, price,
and document decisions in accordance with company guidelines and
- Making appropriate decisions based on evaluation of
- Effectively communicating and negotiating underwriting and
pricing decisions to achieve optimal outcomes and ensure
understanding of company direction.
- Documenting decisions in accordance with business unit best
practices and regulatory standards.
- Building effective working relationships with assigned agency
personnel as well as internal company staff.
- Acting with a sense of urgency on all
- Providing unmatched customer service.
- Driving new business opportunities to assigned agents.
- Manage small territory with mentor oversight
- Assist with various reporting and project needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We're ready to onboard a candidate with:
- A four-year college degree, Juris Doctorate, or equivalent
applicable experience (We will consider May 2022
- Equivalent is defined as 4 years of applicable insurance
- The desire and ability to travel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as
demonstrated leadership, professionalism, organization, and time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa
sponsorship by employer, now or in the future.
*Current IAT employees must have been in their role for at least
six months and must have received, at a minimum, a "Meets
Expectations" during their performance review to be eligible for
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty
insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define
IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions
for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our
partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options
for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace.
We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all
employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and
Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're
committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture.
By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their
development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are
stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward - driving innovation, stable
partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an
engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.
We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and
cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions
about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require
employees to be vaccinated, we will require anyone who is
unvaccinated to be tested every Thursday and submit their negative
test result by 9am on Monday local time. All employees are required
to log their vaccination record, if applicable, and attest daily to
being symptom free before entering IAT offices.
Keywords: IAT Insurance Group, Newark , Underwriter Trainee (Management Liability), Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!