Associate Director of Development
Company: University of Delaware
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Apply now Job no: 496438
Work type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30S CONTEXT OF JOB: Delaware First: The Campaign for the
University of Delaware unites Blue Hens across the nation to
accelerate UD's mission of cultivating tomorrow's leaders, creating
solutions to grand challenges, embracing diversity and inclusivity,
inspiring innovations and entrepreneurship, and transforming lives.
We are currently seeking fundraising talent to assist in
accomplishing our campaign goals while embracing this moment to
reimagine the educational experience at UD... and make--Delaware
First, forever. Under the limited direction of the Assistant Vice
President of Development, the Associate Director of Development is
responsible for major gift fundraising including identification,
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift donors for
the College, focusing on gifts of $50,000 or more.
The Associate Director reports to the Assistant Vice President of
Development and is accountable to University Leadership for the
accomplishment of fundraising goals for the College. MAJOR
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits individual prospects with
a focus on gifts of $50,000 or higher.
- Engages academic and administrative leadership in the
identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift
- Manages a pool of 150 to 175 prospects and makes 12-15 visits
per month. Some of these visits will be done jointly with academic
and/or administrative leadership and other development staff.
- Plans, recommends, and carries out appropriate solicitation
strategies; takes responsibility as liaison with assigned College
- Plans, recommends, and carries out strategies for donor
cultivation activities and events.
- Coordinates stewardship reports and activities for assigned
prospects with appropriate members of the administration and
- Bachelor's degree and four years progressively responsible
fundraising job-related experience, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Experience in college/university major gift fundraising highly
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies from all
disciplines including donors, faculty, staff, and students
- Successful record of collaboration with colleagues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects
simultaneously. Effective time management and organizational
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Significant local and domestic travel required. WORKING
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role is currently remote.--
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment,
educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and
scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits
unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual
Keywords: University of Delaware, Newark , Associate Director of Development, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!