Newark Knowledge Management Systems Coordinator
Company: McCarter & English, LLP
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Newark Office of McCarter & English, LLP seeks a KM Systems
Coordinator. If you have the experience, we invite you to consider
joining our team. Please send you resume and cover letter to the
attention of Christine Lydon, Esq., at .
General Description:Develop and maintain the firm intranet. Manage
client and business development alerts for internal distribution.
Facilitate technical assistance, passwords, and training
documentation on KM and research tools and services. Proactively
evaluate and recommend new technologies to supplement current
systems and tools. Support the Research Analysts with case and
document delivery. Participate in special projects and knowledge
management initiatives as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain custom solutions for intranet sites.
- Support projects to deliver new tools, content and
functionality through the intranet.
- Integrate the firm's electronic research resources into
applications and web portal environment for greater accessibility
- Organize and curate practice and department sites on the firm
intranet to promote and make accessible high-value content.
- Create and manage practice-specific, client and business
development news and docket alerts for distribution to attorneys
and placement on the intranet.
- Proactively select appropriate internal and external resources
and evaluate the quality, authenticity, accuracy and cost of these
resources to be used in answering the research needs of attorneys
across all offices, in collection/resource development for the
firm, and in knowledge management initiatives.
- Support instructional programs to train attorneys, paralegal
and staff on KM and Research tools in all offices.
- Manage the firm's KM and Research online resources including
access, technical assistance and passwords.
- Analyze online usage and make recommendations for improving use
or cancelling services.
- Poll users for continued licenses of electronic
- Identify, evaluate and implement new information resources and
technologies to support the firm's law practice and improve
- Set up trials of new online resources, analyze cost/benefits,
and make recommendations for purchase.
- Support the Research Analysts in case and document
- Support attorneys' KM and Research needs, assist in training
attorneys on the KM Research resources and marketing the
- Attend CLEs, seminars, online classes, conferences and other
training sessions and read professional news, blogs, listservs and
journals to keep abreast of new developments in KM and Research
resources, systems and practices.
- Participate in special projects and provide backup and overflow
services as needed.
- Works with department to create, analyze and implement
procedures and policies concerning workflow, research services,
collection development, and knowledge management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- B.A. Degree with minimum 2-5 years' experience in a law library
environment or equivalent.
- Familiarity and experience with a variety of electronic
research tools and resources, including but not limited to Westlaw,
Lexis, and Pacer.
- Fluent in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to allocate and use time effectively to manage
schedules, priorities, and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, problem-solving
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment and
- Outstanding communication skills that enable clear, concise
oral and written communication.
- High level of customer service.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and adapt to
- High sense of responsiveness to be able to answer routine and
- Ability to work with vendors, attorneys and other users to
troubleshoot access issues.
- Working knowledge of intranet and resource management tools
such as SharePoint and Research Monitor.
Reporting Relationship:This position reports directly to the
Director of Knowledge Management and Information Research.
The above is intended to describe the general content and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions,
responsibilities or requirements.
McCarter & English, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: McCarter & English, LLP, Newark , Newark Knowledge Management Systems Coordinator, Executive , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!