Associate Service Engineer
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Newark, New Jersey - Added 2019-04-17 Associate Service
EngineerPrepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the
stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our
customers can only stay awesome if you're awesome. Maintenance,
Managed, Project, and Consulting services are the foundation of our
business. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized
solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
It looks like you want to be an Associate Service Engineer. This is
an entry-level technical role that gets you on your way to be one
of our #TSProckstars. We are looking for a long-term employee to
call our company "home" - candidates that have the desire to enter
into the IT industry strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a home-based field engineer role covering the New Jersey
and New York areas - ideal location for this associate would be
Newark, NJ to be centrally located between all customers. On a
daily basis will be traveling to customer sites providing hardware
support and maintenance of data storage equipment and on occasion
travel outside the normal coverage area to assist on other
projects. Must have your own vehicle and valid driver's license for
transportation and customer visits.To be a rock star in this role,
knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Immediate duties after training period will be the maintenance
of data storage equipment - including troubleshooting/fixing
equipment and following product repair action plans. Lifting
equipment onto racks is often required.
- Be able to schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of
- The ability and patience to communicate effectively with
teammates, management and customers.
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area
when required. May be asked to cover other areas from time to time
and also travel for training. This could mean coverage in different
- Be available for on-call rotation (nights, weekends, and/or
Think you can handle it? You'll also need to come equipped with
- Must have hardware troubleshooting experience (in work
experience, military experience, or just the "go-to" person that
all your friends/family go to for technical help!).
- Exposure to datacenter environments preferred, but not
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or any
technical field preferred.
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing
skills are required.
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook, and
demonstrate professional communication skills
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
- Must be available for oncall/standby coverage rotation (nights,
weekends, and holidays will be required). Can not have any
commitments that will keep you from being available during
scheduled on-call time period.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are
encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We are so excited that you want to join TSP! We pledge to take care
of you! Here are some cool reasons why you'll love working with
us:We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures
its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like:
medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off
(PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow
with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500
companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won
several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it
We'd love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is
Back to Open Jobs
Keywords: TSP, Newark , Associate Service Engineer, Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!