Big Data Engineer
Company: Siri Infosolutions Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Title: Big Data EngineerLocation: Newark, NJ Job DescriptionJob Responsibilities:
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and develop and deploy data tools that support both operations and product use cases.
- Perform offline analysis of large data sets using components from the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Evaluate and advise on technical aspects of open work requests in the product backlog with the project lead.
- Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
- Evaluate big data technologies and prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.Candidate Profile:
- BS in Computer Science or related area
- Around 6 years software development experience
- Minimum 2 Year Experience on Big Data Platform
- Must have active current experience with Scala, Java, Python, Oracle, HBase, Hive
- Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data
- Understanding of various Visualization platform
- Experience in Cloud providers like AWS preferable
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsQualificationsTop skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate: * Programming language -- Java (must), Python, Scala* Database/Search - Oracle, complex SQL queries, stored procedures, performance tuning concepts, SOLR, AWS RDS, AWS Aurora* Batch processing -- Hadoop MapReduce, Cascading/Scalding, Apache Spark, AWS EMR * Stream processing -- Spark streaming, Kafka, Apache Storm, Flink * NoSQL -- HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB * ETL/ELT Frameworks including monitoring, alerting, restart * Code/Build/Deployment -- git, svn, maven, sbt, Jenkins, bamboo: PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS* Excellent communication and decision making skills are essential.* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.* Zeal to lean new technologies, frameworks and appetite for growth* Identify project risks and recommend mitigation efforts.* Identify project issues, communicate them and assist in their resolution.* Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing project team methodology and performance.* Cooperative team focused attitude - provided by Dice Big Data, Scala, Java, Python, Oracle, HBase, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
Keywords: Siri Infosolutions Inc, Newark , Big Data Engineer, Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!