Posted on: March 17, 2023
Our client has a 6 month contract opportunity for an Extranet
Engineer. If you fit the below criteria would love to hear from
- Engineer expected to manage daily workload of BAU Firewall
Service requests in Service Now and Support queue, as well as
working closely w/ Network Operations to begin increase partnership
in managing BAU loads. This may include assisting in documentation
and training for our Netops and other operational teams.
- Assist customers in troubleshooting connectivity issues
leveraging log data as it relates to firewall policy definition
requirements and navigate through various security
- Engineer expected to use Service Now change management system
for tracking of every change made to a network device.
- Assist engineering team in documentation, testing,
implementation, and on-going support for our complex secured
- Engineer is expected to learn our standards and lead
Information Security front line policy enforcement and standard
- Ability to work well within work group as well as with peer IT
groups (Unix, Windows, Desktop, Mainframe, Telephony, etc.) to
complete large multi-disciplined projects on time.
- Support will include planning teleconference calls w/ our
clients and customers while testing, implementing, or performing
troubleshooting support of our networks.
- Daily use of Service Now, Lotus Notes, home grown web tools,
Jira, Confluence, Visio, MS Office, and Microsoft O365
- Engineer must have solid communication skills both written and
verbal and expected to lead business conversation w/ senior
technical as well as non-technical audiences while Supporting
customer front end request processing for Firewall rule
- Engineer may need to lead planning and troubleshooting calls
beyond network support needs but representing the application level
as much as possible.
- Layer 3 & 4 Application Knowledge & Support: VM Ware Client,
vCenter, VSphere, Connect Direct/NDM, Cyberfusion, MQ, FIX, SFTP,
HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, Citrix ICA, RDP, Lotus Notes, and various
customer specific applications.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Top candidates will have +3-5 years' experience in direct
support of Extranet & Internet DMZs Cisco Firewall ACLs, and
network security for business to business corporate
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, Cisco ASAs, Cisco
Firepower FTD, Cisco FMC, Cisco ISE-PIC, IPSec, S2S VPN, TCP/IP,
DNS, NTP, SNMP, TFTP, VMWare protocols, Windows Networking, and
various other apps as deployed in large complex firewalled
--- Agile, Scrum, Kanban experience
--- Python, Json, Bitbucket, coding and/or DevOps experience
--- Various network and/or security certifications
- Available to work off hours and on weekends to implement
projects within the Company's change management windows and to
address our international business partner's hours. (9PM weeknights
or weekends for some types of changes that must be managed outside
of business hours)
- Flexible work schedule and remote office work.
- High Speed Internet Access at home required for
Keywords: RESOURCE1, Newark , Extranet Engineer., Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...