Location: Basking Ridge
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... If you enjoy creating stories
with data, you'll join Verizon Business Group's Digital Customer
Experience team to deliver world class customer experiences through
data driven insights. As a Business Intelligence Specialist you'll
be a member of the prospect analytics team, helping the business
understand how we acquire new customers. You'll create business
intelligence reporting and analytics by driving insights to
actions. One way you will accomplish this is by developing
analytical views of data utilizing various tools such as Adobe
Analytics, Invoca, Teradata, Tableau, Thought Spot, Qlik, and
proprietary web-based applications. You'll also connect various
data locations to stage data before visualizations. The business
insights and recommendations you provide will help to improve
performance.Your responsibilities will include:
Creating and communicating accurate,
high-quality businesses insights on topics including channel
analysis, how customers are communicating with VBG and
converting.Work cross functionally with teams to develop new
customer acquisition strategies. Provide professional businesses
insights, business case development, communicate performance, make
recommendations and enable important decision-making around top
initiatives for market leadership.Analyzing various capabilities
available in the areas, uncover insights into market segment trends
and making recommendations to leadership. This role is highly
visible and cross-functional, requiring frequent communication with
management.Delivering data procurement through various tools
including Essbase, Teradata, Dashboards and OLAP Cubes.Where you'll
be working...This hybrid role will have a defined work location
that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the
manager.What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing, information
systems, analytics/business intelligence, engineering, mathematics,
statistics, other related discipline or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience withdata extraction and queries (e.g.,Teradata SQL,
- Experience in MS Excel.
- Experience inPower Point.
- Experience inVisualization Tools.
- Experience in reporting, analytics, or related insights
- Experience with cross-functional problem solving based on
trends and issues.Even better if you have one or more of the
- Leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Ability to perform needs assessment and make
- Ability to develop strong internal cross functional
relationships; openness to collaboration and feedback.
- Able to interpret and apply data to business plan to
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems
and data discrepancies.
- Experience with Business Intelligence systems to provide
diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business
- Extensive knowledge of DW data domains and data.
- Program management experience.
- Ability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with
- Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the
steps to get there.
- Strongknowledge of UDM.
- Knowledge with Business Dashboards and other business
- Proven track record being results oriented, strong sense of
urgency, proactive and flexible.
- Proven track record being self-driven.
- Ablityto manage multiple initiatives at one time and meet
deadlines with little supervision.
Equal Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Newark , Data Engineer, Engineering , Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!