Senior iOS Engineer
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job summaryGood storytelling starts with great listening. At
Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in
mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our
products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.ABOUT
THIS ROLEAs a Senior iOS Engineer, it's up to you to define, design
and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners.
Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we'll support you
with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed.
You'll be essential in ensuring the team can reach their potential;
working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and
supporting them to develop. Together, you'll build and maintain our
platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and
unleash the power of the human voice.ABOUT THE TEAMIt takes a
curated team to pack the entire Audible library into the palm of
your hand, but we make it happen seamlessly, for millions of people
across the world. The Audible iOS team's vision is to enable a
friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and
engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. We work ceaselessly to
deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily
listener sessions across the entire iOS eco-system including smart
phones, Car Play, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a
nimble team with a game-changing mindset, endless passion and
uncompromising user focus. ABOUT YOUYou are talented, adaptable,
and flexible. We're looking for creative, open-minded iOS software
development engineers to help build technologies that continuously
improve the Audible listening experience. While focusing on iOS
development, you'll build and scale mobile software, and coordinate
cross-functionally by integrating new features, maintaining high
performance, and creating intuitive interfaces. Our team is working
on building native iOS products, without compromising compatibility
with various iOS devices in an agile environment. As a Senior iOS
Engineer, you will...
- Own and be responsible for key components within the team.
- Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using
latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible.
- Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create,
design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing
out latest technology on the platform to make the listening
experience better and easier for our users.
- Take every opportunity to make a large impact on the design,
architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based
- Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the
system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence
peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends & technologies
industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal
- Be committed to team work, hustle and strong communication
skills (both to business and technical peers).
- Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in
a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrate experience in problem-solving with experience in
- Demonstrate experience in documentation, unit testing, code
reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.BASIC
- Experience in Agile development.
- 4+ years of experience in Objective-C or Swift.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test
automation, continuous integration & deployment.PREFERRED
- Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database
- Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises,
and modular development.
- Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in
- Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto
Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with
support for offline transactions.
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous
integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
- Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
- Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing,
peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
including coding standards, source code management & build
processes.ABOUT AUDIBLEAt Audible, we innovate and inspire through
the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling.
As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling,
we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share
stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and
transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our
people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners,
storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences
power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the
power of the spoken word.Audible is committed to a diverse and
inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran
status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For
individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Audible, Newark , Senior iOS Engineer, Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!