Fleet Mechanic A - $10,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Company: US Foods
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Join Our Community of Food People! 2nd Shift Sun-Thurs $10,000
Sign-On Bonus! Benefits Day One!
Mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and
maintenance of the Fleet road equipment including tractor, trailer,
thermo-king, converter dolly and maintenance vehicles. Ensure
compliance with all State and Federal trucking regulations.
Mechanics will also be responsible for the documentation,
completion, and to keep current the maintenance logs for all
repairs and parts used daily. The position will be required to
perform road rescue as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Each item should account for
10% or more)
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all
required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers,
bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport
equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the
Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with
workplace safety rules and regulations and government
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A valid Class-A CDL license and DOT certified is
- Must have (7) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a
heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a
combination of both; or (5) years verifiable hands-on experience
with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier
Refrigeration Certification or both.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining
to the shop and fleet.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with
co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a
fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and
- Must be able to work overtime when needed ***EOE
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Keywords: US Foods, Newark , Fleet Mechanic A - $10,000 Sign-On Bonus!, Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!