Senior Data Engineer
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Sr. Data Engineer
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people
on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a
solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of
farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began
transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+
invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues
to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated
flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition
Heres how were growing the best plants possible for the betterment
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious,
high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way thats better
for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming
food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse
company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek
out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting
industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial
intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans,
expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission
resonates with you, apply today:
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Data
Engineer with strong technical, problem-solving, and design skills.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires
strong data analysis/design skills and independent self-direction,
coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open
communication. You will work with multiple stakeholders and data
custodians throughout the organization. This is a fantastic
opportunity to engage in a positive, cutting-edge, and creative
work environment that offers excellent benefits and rewards.
Work Location and return to work policy
At AeroFarms the safety and wellbeing of our employees is a top
priority. We are very lucky that over 70% of our workforce is fully
vaccinated so far, with more getting the COVID-19 vaccine every
day. We are currently operating under a mostly remote work model
however there is a requirement to attend in person meetings at our
Farm/office a few days per week and to test our systems as we build
them. Our long term return to work plan is going to be a hybrid
in-person and remote model with 3 days per week in the office
starting from some time in August.
- Managing data ingestion services, end-to-end data pipelines and
data lake infrastructure.
- Architect and maintain data structures within the data
- Recommending ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and
- Managing and developing ETL pipelines.
- Setup data sources for analytical purposes.
- Wear multiple hats to help IT in multiple functions when
- Conducting performance testing and monitoring of production
- Implementing and managing solutions that are scalable with
overall business goals.
- Partner with other departments to design and deploy critical
systems on our infrastructure.
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, math, or
- 6+ years of Data Engineering
- Preferred knowledge/experience with Apache Spark and Apache
- Experience building and working with Data Lake and Data
- Experience writing production code (Preferred: Python)
- Experience with multiple types of databases (Preferred:
- Experience managing and navigating cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Data Bricks a plus.
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning/AI a
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an
individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen.
Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - 200
employees), we work well together because we communicate well with
each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to
you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the
mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an
innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we
constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we
are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we dont micromanage, we hire individuals who
know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and
take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around
the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual
out on planet earth and we need to respect different people,
different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from
each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and
development: we need your help to develop our business, we will
help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our
- Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external
staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with
the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no
recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an
existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific
engagement for the role in question.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Aerofarms, Newark , Senior Data Engineer, Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!