Staff Bridge Engineer
Company: Pennoni Associates Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Staff Bridge Engineer in Newark, DE at Pennoni Pennoni is a
multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than
five decades ago. Pennoni has a strong history of serving
Transportation clients in the Mid-Atlantic Region and we are
seeking motivated team members to join our Transportation Team. Our
Transportation Team serves Private land developers, Corporations,
Municipalities and Transportation Agencies in the Mid-Atlantic
Region and beyond. Our goal is to help communities, the travelling
public and our clients navigate the ever-changing technological
advancements available and partner with our clients on how best to
integrate "smart" solutions into resilient and sustainable
projects. Our combination of talent and experience generates
unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the
globe. Job--Responsibilities Pennoni Associates is currently
seeking a Staff Bridge Engineer with experience consistent, but not
- Performing bridge design as part of multi-disciplinary projects
with focus on bridge design, rehabilitation and load rating
projects while mentoring and developing junior staff and providing
- Overseeing multiple concurrent projects and/or tasks including
design and bridge inspections for multiple clients throughout the
Mid-Atlantic region with a focus on Delaware and the surrounding
- Mentoring staff at the project level and provide feedback to
the Newark Bridge Manager regarding staff performance and
- Comfortability interacting with clients regarding technical
challenges with opportunities to perform project management if
- Generating proposals including the development of scopes of
work and man-hour estimates. Some travel should be
- Developing reports, specifications, and technical documents.
Job Requirements Required Attributes:
- Essential Software Tools: AutoCAD, Microstation, In-Roads, and
- Required education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
(focus on Structural Engineering), MS Preferred
- Minimum years of work experience: 4-7.
- Licenses required: PE.
- Design all aspects of a typical bridge structure and solve
challenges associated with design and rehabilitation projects.
- Plan production via MicroStation with experience in Open Bridge
Modeler strongly preferred.
- Understanding of AASHTO and state DOT design criteria with
prior project experience with DelDOT, MDSHA, VDOT, DCDOT, and/or
PennDOT design and/or bridge inspection projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and written
- Knowledge and experience with structural analysis and design
software such as SAP, STAAD, LEAP Bridge, LEAP Concrete, AASHTOWare
BrR, BRASS, etc---
- Exhibit leadership qualities necessary to lead project related
tasks and mentor entry level engineers.
- Produces high quality technical writing for use in bridge
inspection reports, specifications, studies, and other engineering
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent assignments while
serving multiple roles within a team environment. Preferred
- Masters Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structural
- Successful completion of FHWA-NHI-13005 (Safety Inspection of
In-Service Bridges) and/or FHWA-NHI-130078 (Fracture Critical
Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges)
- Experience with proposal development including scope and
- Prior Load Rating experience.
- Prior experience with BrIM or BIM work processes and/or
- Interacting in the engineering community via leadership
positions in professional societies is preferred and encouraged.
Why Work With Us? At our core, we recognize that the unique
qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation
and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting
engineering firm,--offers many opportunities to help you build your
career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our
employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they
work with, and take pride in what they do. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Disabled Join our Talent Network to receive
alerts for jobs within your areas of interest. No matter what type
of job you're looking for at Pennoni you will always be updated
with our latest opportunities.
Keywords: Pennoni Associates Inc., Newark , Staff Bridge Engineer, Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!