Senior Land Development Engineer
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Learn More about Joining Our Incredible Team At KCI, we're
building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to
our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our
world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team.
We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do
well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a
voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game.
Because life's more fun when you own it. THE COMPANY KCI
Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting
and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States.
KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge
technologies, management practices and strategic growth
initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit,
encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning. KCI
is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing
and hiring a diverse workforce.
- 15+ years of experience in transportation planning and
- Experience leading a team of designers in developing PS&E
packages for simple and complex roadway and bridge projects,
utilizing state DOT and AASHTO design standards.
- Project Management experience required, with experience in
managing and growing a design team preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing state DOT projects
- Experience with MicroStation and GeoPAK design software is
- Proposal preparation including scope, schedule and fee.
Contract management and billing.
- Strong design knowledge in transportation required.
- Professional Engineering License--for designated state
- Prepare written technical proposals, assemble teams to meet
client criteria, and develop professional relationships.
- This position requires a demonstrated leader with a broad
knowledge of transportation and the processes required to develop
design packages utilizing--state design standards.
- Manage a team of designers, CADD technicians and project
- Will be required to train and develop staff.
- Responsible for project delivery of complete transportation
design packages including coordination/oversight of multiple design
- Duties include oversight of preparation of plans, technical
specifications, quantity takeoffs and construction estimates in
accordance with--state design manuals and standard drawings.
- Successful candidate should have local client contacts and the
ability to bring in business. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Master's
- Minimum of 9 - 14 years of professional experience.
- Appropriate professional certification preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment.
Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon
position. Performance Expectations
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Mentor and train staff
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by soliciting
monthly performance feedback, identifying client needs, and
identifying the next project
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
- Manage work routine of all assigned staff and assign job
activities as required
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Provide input to develop project-specific safety plans and
implement project safety plans and ensure compliance with all
Federal, state, and local safety rules and regulations
- Report monthly proposal results to operations manager
- Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization
- Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with
project team on all projects/tasks
- Chart and provide project performance results
- Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants
- Deliver all projects on time and within budget while fully
meeting the scope
- Ensure effective use of equipment and personnel
- Meet monthly(or more frequently as necessary) with project
analyst to review project invoices
- Meet monthly with practice leader to review project
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget
- Prepare and submit monthly project completion report
- Prepare interpractice agreements and/or outside requests as
- Prepare monthly progress reports for all projects
- Propose and negotiate scope, schedule and fee estimate for
tasks and projects
- Provide bi-weekly percent complete data to project
- Provide monthly project updates to practice leader
- Provide monthly WIP/AR comments to the operations manager
- Provide technical project and staff oversight
- Provide weekly new project budget data to the practice
- Serve as project or task manager on select projects
- Compare field data to design plans
- Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements,
sketches, notes and photographs as needed
- Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for
- Read and interpret technical documents required for project
execution KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Newark , Senior Land Development Engineer, Engineering , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!