High School History Teacher
Company: People's Preparatory Charter School
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Accepting applications for the 2 school year!
Teachers at People's Prep embody the commitment, energy, and heart
needed to excel in our classrooms. Our teachers serve as models for
all People's Prep students by bringing to life our core values of
Grit, Empathy, Achievement, Curiosity, Humility, and
Teachers who want to work at People's Prep should expect the job to
be demanding-and they should also expect the feedback,
collaboration, and support necessary to excel in the classroom and
as a teammate. We know, however, that People's Prep is not for
everyone. If you can confidently answer 'yes' to the questions
below, we'd love to meet you!
- Are you passionate about doing whatever it takes, no matter the
circumstance, to prepare Newark students to graduate from the
college of their choice?
- Do you get excited about analyzing data and the impact this has
on your classroom?
- Do you thrive in an environment with high expectations for both
students and staff?
- Do you want to join a team that celebrates the wins and rallies
after the losses?
- Are you ready to (re)commit to the most important and difficult
work in public education?
Instruction & Curriculum Development
- Develop and implement thoughtful lesson plans to accelerate
student progress beyond grade-level competency.
- Use frequent formative and summative assessments and data
tracking systems to guide lesson plan development and
- Do whatever it takes to support all students.
- Serve as Council Coach (advisor) to a small group of
- Communicate with students and their families regularly and
- Teach and enforce the school-wide, clearly defined systems,
structures, and rules at all times.
- Engage fully in a coaching relationship including observations
and feedback meetings with Instructional Coaches.
- Work collaboratively and participate actively at faculty
meetings and in professional learning teams.
- Continue to develop professionally to ensure students attain
ongoing improvement in academic achievement, particularly in
literacy-regardless of teacher's content concentration.
Qualifications and Certifications
- New Jersey teacher certification or certification
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience managing assessment data and using it to drive
instruction and educational decisions.
- Urban classroom experience with evidence of proven, measurable,
and significant student growth. Salary and Benefits
- We pride ourselves on well-defined pathways to teacher
leadership and the celebration of and recognition for excellent
- First-year teaching salary begins at $55,000 and is
commensurate with experience.
- Benefits packages include health insurance, 403b with matching
funds, cell phone reimbursement, and relocation stipend.
People's Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of
race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital
status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Keywords: People's Preparatory Charter School, Newark , High School History Teacher, Education / Teaching , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!