Teacher Special Education - Math
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Teacher Special Education- MathWHO YOU ARE: If you have a
passion for math and a gift for inspiring young minds, we are
looking for you. You are someone who incorporates technology and
hands-on learning experiences into the classroom with enthusiasm.
The ideal candidate also believes in collaboration with other
colleagues and promotes understanding and communication in a
diverse learning and cultural environment.Think you've got what it
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff members to form a
community of smart, talented, and creative people who are
passionate and willing to work in a professional and academic
- Construct learning experiences and assessments that challenge
students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom, and
demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of complex
knowledge and advanced skills.
- Teach higher-level content than grade standards in creative and
interactive ways that display your passion for the subject and
educate students at a competitive level.
- Mentor students to foster academic achievement, personal
responsibility, and individuality in all students.
- Keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and
be proactive in communication with parents.
- Performs other duties as assignedWE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU IF YOU
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or
- A New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate,
Certificate of Eligibility (CE), or Certificate of Eligibility with
Advanced Standing (CEAS) as a Biology Teacher or as required for
this position.WHO WE ARE:Marion P. Thomas Charter School (MPTCS)
offers a seamless educational experience from "crayons to college
and career," giving scholars the opportunity to stay within one
school system for their entire public educational career from
prekindergarten to 12th grade. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual
orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer.WHY MPTCS?
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and
mission-driven team that is passionate about educational
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life
- Family Focus: Parental/Family leave so you can care for your
- Pension: Eligibility for participation in the state pension
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes
professional growth and developmentNext Steps: MPTCS is currently
reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume
of responses received not every applicant will be contacted. If you
meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to move forward in
the selection process.Effective October 18, 2021, Marion P. Thomas
Charter School will require all employees to provide to Human
Resources either (1) proof of vaccination against COVID-19; or (2)
results of weekly tests for COVID-19. This information will be
maintained in a secure application that will be accessible by a
limited group of Human Resources staff.
Keywords: MPTCS, Newark , Teacher Special Education - Math, Education / Teaching , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!