Middle School Math Teacher (2022-23)
Company: GO Foundation
Posted on: June 22, 2022
ROLE OVERVIEWGreat Oaks Legacy Charter School is seeking a
dynamic, mission-aligned educator to join our team as a Middle
School Math Teacher to teach 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade for the
(2022-23) academic year.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPOur Middle School Math Teachers are an
integral part of our school-based instructional team and report to
the School Director(s), with regular coaching and support from our
instructional coaches and DCIs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESTeachers at Great Oaks Legacy
Charter School are responsible for preparing each of our students
for college success through rigorous instruction and maintaining
consistently high expectations. Teachers are models of the hard
work, desire for learning, and character that we expect of our
students.Our teachers' essential duties and responsibilities
include:1) Curriculum & Instruction
- Demonstrating solid content knowledge and understanding of the
- Establishing, communicating, and demanding high expectations
for student learning, and quality of work.
- Using a multitude of instructional strategies and activities
that are academically rigorous and highly engaging.
- Executing detailed lesson plans mapped to a year-long academic
plan to address learning needs.
- Constantly working to respond to the students' learning
- Consistently sending the message that this work is important,
that the student can do it, and that you will not give up on a
student. 2) Data
- Track and analyze student data to identify student learning
needs and set ambitious, attainable goals for student
- Planning and implementing strategies to achieve targets related
to student learning outcomes.
- Working collaboratively with the School Director and other
teachers to develop and revise curriculum based on assessment
data.3) Classroom Environment
- Building relationships with students that demonstrate an open
concern and a sense of responsibility for students' academic and
- Maintaining an efficient, respectful and positive tone in your
- Utilizing time to maximize student learning and communicating a
constant, tangible sense of urgency.
- Ensuring that all students are on task at all times during a
- Clearly enforcing and emphasizing school rules, values and
- Supervising students during lunch and transition periods. 4)
- Utilizing your skills, talents, and effort to contribute to
student and school success.
- Independently assuming additional responsibilities when
necessary and demonstrating leadership.
- Making frequent phone calls, keeping parents informed of
successes and struggles.
- Maintaining an orderly school culture.
- Attending professional development sessions.
- Other duties that may be necessary to fulfill the mission of
- Relentless work ethic.
- Belief that all students have what it takes to be
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university. GPA
must meet minimum requirements for NJ DOE certification.
- Demonstrated mastery of content knowledge and ability to drive
- Prior teaching experience in an urban No Excuses school setting
- Extremely strong classroom management abilities.
- Evidence of NJ Department of Education certification
(CE/CEAS/Provisional/Standard) or out of state certification.
- Experience developing curriculum or potential to lead
curricular development is strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITSGreat Oaks Legacy Charter School offers
competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a
comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Robust medical, dental, and vision insurance plans w/
comprehensive network coverage.
- Up to $5,250 per year in tax exempt student loan and tuition
- Reimbursements for external professional development aligned to
- Wellness reimbursements including gym memberships, spa
services, and more.
- Online counseling services - for staff and their dependents -
via top-rated therapy app.
- Pre-tax state pension plan benefit w/ addl. options available
via voluntary retirement plans.
- Pre-tax dependent care, health, and transit flexible spending
- Convenient health screening and telemedicine support via
VitalCheck Wellness platform.
ABOUT GREAT OAKS LEGACY CHARTER SCHOOLThe Great Oaks Legacy Charter
School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in
Newark NJ, serving students from Pre-K to 12th grade on campuses
across the city of Newark. Our mission is to prepare Newark's
students for success in college and beyond.Our model is based on
the following guiding principles that guide our work daily -
- Creating a community that is built upon genuine and meaningful
relationships. GOLCS staff rate our commitment to students as the
#1 reason they teach/work at our schools.
- Being surgical in our approach to differentiation of
instruction and support for all students and team members. Our
students receive daily tutoring embedded into their school schedule
- facilitated by our AmeriCorps team members. Staff members receive
individualized coaching and support in their roles.
- Setting and exceeding high expectations for academic growth and
character development for all students, in preparation for success
in college and beyond. Currently, the historical college
matriculation rate for GOLCS is 79% - nearly twice the national
average for economically underrepresented students.-ADDITIONAL
INFORMATIONDIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & ACCESSIBILITYGOLCS is
committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse
backgrounds and experiences of our students. Furthermore, we
believe that racial justice and equity is critical to our mission
of preparing students for success in college and beyond. We strive
to be an organization that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and
elevates our student voices in preparing them for life and
GOLCS VACCINATION POLICY & COMMITMENT TO SAFETYGreat Oaks Legacy
Charter School is committed to ensuring healthy and safe working
and learning environments, and maintaining our educational
commitment to GOLCS students and families - with minimal disruption
to instruction. With this in mind, as of October 2021, Great Oaks
Legacy requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees.
Candidates who would like to apply for a reasonable accommodation
from this policy based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held
religious belief should reach out to HR@greatoakslegacy.org for
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENTGreat Oaks Legacy provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: GO Foundation, Newark , Middle School Math Teacher (2022-23), Education / Teaching , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!