ELEMENTARY ART TEACHER (2)
Company: Newark Educators Community Charter School
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Art TeacherThe Art Teacher holds the primary responsibility for
the implementation and development of NECCS Visual Arts curriculum.
This teacher will not only engage each student in learning the
technical aspects of Art, but also in becoming more aware of its
role in history and the global community. As a member of the NECCS
academic team the teacher will seek out and engage in
interdisciplinary collaboration in order to enrich the educational
experience of our scholars.Specific Responsibilities
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
- Develop age appropriate lesson plans that expose students to
diverse topics in the content area and their connection to life
beyond the classroom.
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development,
grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure
that students observe the school's core values, high expectations,
and strict code of conduct.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student
- Be accountable for students' mastery of academic standards.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and
- Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively
in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree is preferred;
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public
school or charter school setting preferred
- CE, CEAS, or STANDARD TEACHER OF ART CERTIFICATE
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic
subjects;ExperienceSuccessful prior teaching experience for the
appropriate grade level and/or subject is a plus.What is your
Hiring Process like?You will be contacted by our Executive
Assistant if your credentials and resume are a match. There will be
a request for a picture of your certification and confirm salary
range. Then an interview will be scheduled with the supervisors
here. If we decide to move forward we will present your candidacy
to the board and keep you updated on your candidacy throughout.Job
Types: Full-time, ContractPay: From $50,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Newark Educators Community Charter School, Newark , ELEMENTARY ART TEACHER (2), Education / Teaching , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!