Community Health Education Consultant
Company: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Job Summary:The Community Health Education Consultant is
responsible for actively promoting Horizon NJ Health's products and
services to community organizations, groups and individuals. The
position is responsible for enrolling individuals into HNJH
products. In addition, this position oversees the development of
the community education program and encourages and facilitates
cooperative and collaborative community projects and activities.
Coordinates and manages strategic partnership with community based
organizations at the local, county and state level. Oversees
proposals, presentations and evaluates adherence to health
* Responsible for educating and enrolling potential members into
* Initiates calls to new members and verifies benefit enrollment
* Follows up on new member applicants when additional information
if needed Review and evaluate programs on a regular basis
considering their appropriateness to community needs and interests
as well as measuring their efficiency and effectiveness.
* Develop and promote the community education program and establish
procedures and policies related to these programs.
* Serves as a representative at company sponsored community events
and coordinates all on-site responsibilities. (Must be available to
work evenings and weekends.)
* Coordinates the supply and delivery of all materials/inventory
necessary for company sponsored internal and external events
* Develop a budget to support community education programs.
* Promote programs, needs assessment, use of community resources,
cooperative and collaborative community efforts, and other concepts
that are part of community education. This is accomplished through
news releases, advertising, speaking engagements, workshops and
community forums, open houses, leadership and other training
* Leads training programs for health professionals from a variety
of community based disciplines.
* Implements health education programs for members and employees on
health related issues that include but are not limited to asthma,
diabetes melititus management, breast cancer, cervical cancer,
immunizations, EPSDT guidelines, and prenatal care.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and
joining professional societies.
* Coaches lower level health educators on providing outreach and
* Perform other duties as requested by management
* Requires a degree from an accredited school with a Master's of
Science in Health Education, Public Health or Administration.
* Requires a minimum of 5-7 years experience in providing health
education to diverse populations.
* Requires excellent presentation and public speaking
* Prefers work experience in community health, Medicaid or health
ADDITIONAL LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS:
* Requires certification in Health Education or Providers of
Professional Development Hours.
* Requires limited marketing license (employee must obtain licenses
within 3 months of employment).
* Requires valid Motor Vehicle driver-s license and access to an
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and
supporting software in Windows based environment, including MS
Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes.
* Must be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated management experience with a focus on customer
service, goal setting, and coaching. Exhibits proven leadership and
project management skills.
* Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and
demonstrate the ability to work well within a team.
* Proven time management skills are necessary. Deliver timely and
accurate work with a customer service focus, and respond with a
sense of urgency as required.
* Must demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and apply learning
to new situations. Must exhibit flexibility to change as
* Must demonstrate the ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from groups.
* Requires customer focus with an emphasis on creative
TRAVEL (IF APPLICABLE):
* This position requires travel to all 21 counties in the state of
NJ. Evening and weekend travel is required.
HORIZON BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NEW JERSEY IS AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE,
COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER
IDENTITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR STATUS AS AN INDIVIDUAL WITH
A DISABILITY AND ANY OTHER PROTECTED CLASS AS REQUIRED BY FEDERAL,
STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Keywords: Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, Newark , Community Health Education Consultant, Education / Teaching , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!