Data and Reporting Manager
Company: Great Oaks Charter Schools
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Great Oaks Legacy Overview The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in Newark NJ, serving 1,560 students from Pre-K to 12th grade across five campuses in Newark. Our mission is to prepare public school students for success in college. Great Oaks Legacy students aspire to be some of the highest performing students in the country. We have high academic and behavioral expectations for our students. Our students, for example, are encouraged to take multiple AP classes before they graduate. We pair rigorous curriculum and teaching with intense personal support from teachers, tutors, and staff. The school's mission is to prepare our students for college success through several key elements:
- Small school - Grade-level cohorts of less 100 students allow each student to feel known and cared for. Our focus is on a sense of community and relationship building with families and students
- More time on task - Longer school days than traditional schools. Weekend sessions and summer school for students who are struggling.
- High expectations - Rigorous, differentiated, college-preparatory coursework from K-12. Advanced Placement and real college courses for all juniors and seniors.
- Effective Instruction - World-class teachers with clear expectations and the support they need to continuously improve. Data and Reporting Manager Role Description: The Data and Reporting Manager is a newly-created role that will be critical to the ability of Great Oaks Legacy to grow with quality and sustainability. Working across disciplines in the network, the Data and Reporting Manager will help ensure that campus and network leadership, the Board of Directors, and external partners and governmental organizations receive accurate, timely information about our academic and financial performance. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the development and implementation of the organization's first set of data dashboards, designed to provide key stakeholders with the information
- Creating reliable, timely requests for reimbursement for grant funding, the school food program, and private grants
- Supporting campus leaders and teachers in designing and implementing innovative, data-driven Response to Intervention programs that meet the needs of students and fit within federal and state regulations for the use of Title 1 funding.
- Leveraging assessment data sets to support the production of ambitious annual goals for individual students and for campuses and the network as a whole.
- Responding to requests for data and reporting by private funders and public stakeholders.
- Supporting the cultivation of grants and private philanthropy via the creation of compelling, accurate statistics about the school's performance and demographics.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: The Data and Reporting Manager is a twelve-month employee with salary to be recommended by Executive Director and approved by the board. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The Data and Reporting Manager is a part of the Talent and Finance Team, working out of GOLCS' Network Office, and reports to the Chief Financial Officer. EVALUATION: The Data and Reporting Manager is evaluated annually on both the specific goals set out in conjunction with her/his manager and on the school's overall expectations for all team members. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree, with fluency in mathematics, statistics and data analysis strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience, preferably in an education or non-profit analyst setting
- Fluency learning and manipulating online databases and assessment platforms
- Demonstrated passion for closing the achievement gap in urban schools. GREAT OAKS LEGACY PHILOSOPHY Our students arrive, on average, significantly behind grade level. Many live in poverty - a higher percentage than most schools in the country. Upon arrival, they are statistically less than 10% likely to graduate with a 4-year degree. Our mission is that each child ultimately graduates from college. Therefore:
- Employee takes responsibility to reverse negative outcomes of failing students, to make every effort to work proactively and reactively to engage each and every student, such that each is legitimately prepared to succeed in college.
- It is a given that all of the faculty work very, very hard. All staff, including the Campus Directors, Admin Teams, CAO, CEO, President, Operations Team and COO and Employee, acknowledge that we will do more than just work hard; we each seek - through formal and informal feedback - to dramatically improve. At Great Oaks Legacy, an ongoing quest for improvement is not considered remedial, it is essential and ongoing for all staff.
Keywords: Great Oaks Charter Schools, Newark , Data and Reporting Manager, Advertising , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!