Global Financial Controls Analyst
Company: Mars, Incorporated
Posted on: May 21, 2023
What are we looking for?
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting, finance, IT or risk &
control roles, with a focus for at least 2 years in roles
practicing the technical knowledge and skills listed above
- Experience with privately owned, global, decentralized
- Experience with Big 4 public accounting, CPG, manufacturing, or
- Experience with business and IT processes, risks, controls,
including opportunities for automation and standardization
- Experience with one or several of the following: COSO, COBIT,
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance programs
- Experience with one or several of the following: SAP
Financials, SAP Central Finance, Oracle Financials, Oracle Cloud,
PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx, Blue Prism, Microsoft Azure
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Provide Control Experience: Provide global control experience
and leverage leading risk-based public company fundamentals to
effectively evaluate control design and performance, specifically
as it relates to business processes, shared service centers and
- Monitor Control Self-Assessments and Other Control Reports:
Confirm that self-assessments are being performed by Business
Units, Shared Service Centers and Corporate Teams and are accurate.
If not, perform follow-up on outstanding assessments and confirm
estimated date of completion. In addition, support creation of
financial control reports and dashboards to provide ongoing
- Public Company Risk/Control Experience: A strong understanding
of business processes, how to evaluate financial risks/controls and
internal control procedures are key to the role. Experience at a
company that have applied SOX in an efficient and effective manner
would be very helpful.
- Drive for Results: This is a key role to ensure that Mars,
Incorporated maintains high standards of internal control and
governance, risk, and compliance in an efficient and effective
manner. It is critical that the individual in this role take
ownership for not only the process, but the outcome of the process
and drive positive change and improvement at a fast pace.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all
guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we're striving to build
the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one,
including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to
provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request.
Keywords: Mars, Incorporated, Newark , Global Financial Controls Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...