Senior Cloud Engineer- DevSecOps
Company: PGIM Global Short Duration High Yield Fund, Inc.
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Technology - Engineering & Cloud
Are you interested in building capabilities that enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency? The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA! When you join our organization at Prudential, you'll unlock an exciting and impactful career - all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world's leading financial services institutions.
Your Team & Role
As a Senior Cloud Engineer responsible for DevSecOps on the Cloud Engineering team, you will partner with tech leads, software engineers and security professionals to improve Prudential's Cloud Security posture. You will design, plan, administer, develop, or maintain security tooling for cloud-based environments! In addition to applied experience, you will bring excellent problem solving, communication and teamwork skills, along with agile ways of working, strong business insight, an inclusive leadership attitude and a continuous learning focus to all that you do.
Here is What You Can Expect on a Typical Day
* Deliver security capabilities in cloud-based environments like AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure. Develop and support solutions to automate the creation, management, or destruction of infrastructure; actively code against the roadmap
* Accelerate application development by building patterns of infrastructure services that are consumed self-service, resilient, reliant and in accordance with Prudential standards
* Collaborate with product owners in understanding needs and defining feature stories, tech leads in defining technical design and other team members to understand the system end-to-end and deliver robust solutions that bring about business impact and support the goals
* Automate unit and integration test cases, solve problems and add new value with automation
* Bring an applied understanding of relevant and emerging technologies, begin to see opportunities to provide input to the team and coach others, and embed learning and innovation in the day-to-day
* Work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
* Apply infrastructure fundamentals to Linux/Unix operating systems, database, network and TCP/IP, and common communication protocols
* Use programming languages including but not limited to Python, Shell/Power scripting, Groovy, Modern languages and Ansible, CloudFormation and Terraform frameworks
The Skills & Expertise You Bring
* Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
* Leverage diverse ideas, experiences, thoughts and perspectives to the benefit of the organization
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Knowledge of business concepts tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business
* Ability to learn new skills and knowledge on an on-going basis through self-initiative and tackling challenges
* Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills
* Security minded approach
* Applied experience with several of the following:
* Cloud Approved Services: compute, serverless, storage, network, integration, event management, logging, alerting, security, database
* Programming Languages: Python, Shell/Power scripting, Groovy, Modern languages
* Frameworks: CloudFormation, Terraform
* Infrastructure fundamentals
* Linux / UNIX Operating Systems: File Permissions, Network Configuration, Services, Process Manipulation
* Networking, TCP/IP and other common Communication Protocols: OSI Model, 3 Way Handshake, Stateful vs Stateless, Proxy Firewall
* Test/Quality capabilities & methodologies (functional & nonfunctional) and associated tooling including quality automation
* Infrastructure & Cloud Security best practices including DevSecOps
* Dev Ops Tools & Practices: CI/CD Platform experience (ex: Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, etc.)
* Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Development and Design Fundamentals including SDLC and coding standards
* Cloud Computing: Understanding and knowledge (of 1 or more): AWS, Azure or GCP
* Finance/Insurance industry experience is a plus not a must
* CCSPM/CNAPP platform experience (ex prisma, wiz, divvy, etc.)
You'll Love Working Here Because You Can
Join a team and culture where your voice matters; where every day, your work transforms our experiences to make lives better. As you put your skills to use, we'll help you make an even bigger impact with learning experiences that can grow your technical AND leadership capabilities. You'll be surprised by what this rock-solid organization has in store for you.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $100,600.00 to $149,800.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email email@example.com.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
Keywords: PGIM Global Short Duration High Yield Fund, Inc., Newark , Senior Cloud Engineer- DevSecOps, Accounting, Auditing , Newark, New Jersey
here to apply!