Consumer & Business Banking, Senior Relationship Banker, Parsippany, NJ
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Consumer & Business Banking, Senior Relationship Banker,
Parsippany, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the
top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal
presence in the northeast U.S., Santander's retail division serves
nearly 2 million customers and more than 140k business customers in
As a Senior Relationship Banker, you will be responsible for
acquiring, deepening, and retaining relationships with consumer and
small business customers (with annual revenue up to $3MM). You will
directly manage and grow a client portfolio of the most complex and
highest value consumer and small business clients in the branch.
You will deliver an exceptional customer experience through
engagement of customers in the branch, over the phone, and through
collaboration with business partners.
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do, deepen
relationships and make connections during every interaction.
- Engage customers through proactive, outbound calling for both
service and relationship deepening opportunities.
- Assess customer needs by being genuinely curious, asking
questions, and identifying opportunities to help achieve their
financial goals today and in the future.
- Be the expert on Santander products and services and be able to
articulate the benefits that will help customers based on their
- Independently manage a portfolio comprised of both High Value
consumer clients and Small Business customers with annual revenue
up to $3MM.
- Aptitude & interest in serving business clients- reviewing
financial statements and advanced knowledge of small business
- Participates in joint calling with Product partners to generate
and deepen relationships with business customers.
- Recommend the best needs-based solution; deliver solutions
directly as well as introduce key partners (i.e. Investment,
Mortgage etc.) when appropriate.
- Build trust and deliver solutions by setting expectations and
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers by
maintaining contact through early engagement calls and regular
outreach to portfolio customers.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience in every
interaction. Ensure timely follow up and escalate for resolution
- Ensure compliance with all bank policies, procedures and
regulatory requirements. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5-9 years of experience in a customer facing environment
including a minimum of 2-3 years in Financial Services with direct
experience acquiring new client relationships and developing
existing client relationships.
- Strong financial acumen; general knowledge of consumer and
small business products, and small business lending.
- Motivated to help people achieve financial goals.
- Passion and personal commitment to proactively help
- Exceptional listening and communication skills in person and
over the phone.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, building
strong relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and provide
solutions to customer issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the phone to engage with
- Basic computer skills. At Santander, we value and respect
differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity
of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply .
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as
sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting
equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite
meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to
fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not
list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your
supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be
evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed
in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this
job description at any time. This job description is not a contract
for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any
time for any reason.
Bachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Parsippany, New Jersey, United States of
Other Locations: New Jersey-Parsippany
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Newark , Consumer & Business Banking, Senior Relationship Banker, Parsippany, NJ, Accounting, Auditing , Netcong, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!