Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Owens Corning
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Due to the current situation related to the
Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging digital capabilities which
allows us to continue to connect talented individuals with exciting
careers at Owens Corning. As your application progresses, you may
be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your
recruitment journey. If so, our team is here to support you
throughout the process, answer any questions and provide an
outstanding experience. For more information, see how we are
responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic (opens in new window) .
This--position provides financial leadership to the Newark, Ohio
Plant. The position reports to the Plant Controller. The Senior.
Financial Analyst is a dynamic leader and responsible for
maintaining a--controls environment that complies with the
Company's internal control policies and Sarbanes Oxley. The
position is an important part of the financial talent pipeline and
serves as a feeder for larger plants as well as corporate roles.
Reports to: Plant Controller JOB RESPONSIBILITIES The Sr. Financial
Analyst will have the responsibility for:
- Participates in the development of operational objectives for
the plant that are aligned to Corporate and Division strategic
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity
improvement and corrective actions to ensure optimal facility
financial results and shareholder value.
- Participates in reporting at a more complex and higher
frequency than most other insulation plants. For example, full
blown weekly forecasts.
- Ownership of large projects will be an ongoing responsibility
given the changing nature of the plant, needed improvements, and
ongoing consolidation/automation. Metrics
- Standard operating rhythm in place and frequency
- Process expectations and timing Financial and Operational
- Ensure the internal controls environment is operating
effectively in all areas including, data integrity, asset
protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting,
information systems and adherence to corporate policies and
governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Lead and coach department leaders to ensure that accountability
for internal controls is clear and procedures documented.
- Leads the continuous sign off process and works with the
department leaders to modify procedures for changes in policy.
- Drives a robust representation letter process and provides
assurance and visibility to internal controls
- Owns the representation as well as the financial return of
plant asset Metrics
- Controls performance ratings
- Audit ratings
Reporting and analysis
- Leads financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Prepares and delivers the plant financial forecasts and
- Monitors the plant's monthly closing process in conjunction
with the Accounting team
- Communicates results effectively to management and
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan and forecast
- Timely and accurate Closing process
- Forecast accuracy and timeliness
- Balance Sheet Integrity
Improve plant profitability and productivity
- Leads actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk
and prioritizing resource needs
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity
improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility optimal
financial results and shareholder value
- Partners with plant leadership in the journey toward zero
losses through TPM methodology
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate
change and drive decision making
- Provides investment analysis
- Educates plant personnel on key performance metrics
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business
providing education and training on the key principles of Finance
- Key performance indicators
- Productivity against plan
- Financial performance against plan
- Return on capital
- Results of capital projects
Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the
company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives
- Shares best practices across division, i.e. process
improvements, financial modeling and procedural changes.
- Aligns teams and resources in order to solve problems and drive
- Accountable to deliver functional leadership to team members at
plant, segment and corporate level Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline
a must. MBA, CMA, CPA preferred.
- Providing leadership to organizations within a manufacturing
operation(s)-leading operations planning, savings, forecasting and
- Operating in a range of economic conditions, i.e. expansion,
contraction, stable economic conditions-forecasting, scenario
planning, risk analysis and contingency development.
- Participating in the development of strategic plans.
- Demonstrated high growth in previous experience Knowledge and
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office/Excel
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability
accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing
costing principles-understands P&L and balance sheet
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple,
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs-effectively
develops business cases and enroll leaders at all levels in taking
- Demonstrated ability to develop and intimate knowledge of
customers, competition, and the market and uses this knowledge to
drive customer and product profitability decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Conducts themselves with the highest ethical and moral
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy
level-has a bias for proactive action.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures,
environments and styles.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to
motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective
- Passionate, charismatic personality; articulate, approachable
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with
appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success;
weighs and manages risk in decision making; able to make decisions
detrimental to a few but helpful to many.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good
judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning,
does not rationalize failures.
- Freely states opinions and feelings. Expresses him/her self
directly and candidly.
- Shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of
others. Aware of personal impact on others. Expresses opinions
without offending or creating defensiveness.-- #LI-KJ1 About Owens
Corning Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials
leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to
the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation,
roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents
of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides
innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable
solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable
energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These
solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers
and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the
company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has
been a Fortune 500-- company for 65 consecutive years. For more
information, please visit www.owenscorning.com . Owens Corning is
an equal opportunity employer. Please note: Applications must be
filled out completely-incomplete applications will not be
considered. Resumes are welcome, but are not a substitute for
completing the application. Be the first to know of new job
Keywords: Owens Corning, Newark , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Newark, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!